Talk

Advanced search

Survey with chance to win a week in Costa Rica or a hamper and six months supply of coffee

(265 Posts)
carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 09-Sep-08 14:19:48

Hi all

Well the latest survey prize is a bit different - but you can't say we don't offer variety wink

Kenco are giving three mumsnetters the chance to win a trip to Costa Rica staying for a week in luxury Eco-lodges. The new coffees they are launching (Rich Roast, Smooth Roast and Decaffeinated) are now made with beans sourced from Rainforest Alliance Certified? farms and the winners will visit these coffee growing communities and learn more about how the programme benefits people and the environment. They'd also be asked to report back on the experience.

It's strictly for mums only (ie no partners or children allowed shock) and there's a set week for travel - w/c Nov 9th - but they are offering financial help with childcare and you would be travelling with two other mumsnetters.

If this doesn't appeal there are also 10 luxury coffee hampers and six months supply of Kenco coffee so do please still fill in the survey.

For a chance to win the trip or the coffee hamper you have to be a UK mum, over 21 and a coffee drinker.

here's the survey

Good luck

OliverClothesOff Tue 09-Sep-08 14:21:26

oh can you imagine if you won and you had to go with 2 Mners who you couldn't stand?

rofl

OliverClothesOff Tue 09-Sep-08 14:22:02

erm, not that I hate anyone you understand <<backtracks>>

TeaDr1nker Tue 09-Sep-08 14:27:05

Bit unfair not being able to take partner hmm

SheikYerbouti Tue 09-Sep-08 14:27:08

Yes yes yes to a week away from my children....

BexieID Tue 09-Sep-08 14:27:41

I don't drink coffee or have a valid passport, so i'm out, lol.

SheikYerbouti Tue 09-Sep-08 14:27:59

Oh Goidf, it5's a tie-breaker question for the Costa Rica trip.

I am shithouse at those

Gobbledigook Tue 09-Sep-08 14:29:13

I've done it but don't want the trip - I don't want to go away for a week with people I don't know and without dh and kids. What a logistical nightmare as well - sorting out childcare etc for a week.

funnypeculiar Tue 09-Sep-08 14:29:51

<swoon> I went to Costa Rica as a kid - wonderful, wonderful country.

Do occasional coffee drinkers count??

AvenaLife Tue 09-Sep-08 14:30:39

I'd just like the hamper. I've not won anything on here yet. sad

OliverClothesOff Tue 09-Sep-08 14:32:08

fgs just pretend you like coffee!

KencoMan: "and the winner is....MNBlahdeblah"
MNBlahdeblah: "oh!...but I don't drink coffee!"
KencoMan: "well you can't go then. Next!"

SheikYerbouti Tue 09-Sep-08 14:32:25

Me neither, AvenaLife. Humph

Goober Tue 09-Sep-08 14:32:32

Done.

wannaBe Tue 09-Sep-08 14:36:03

don't think I would want to go away with strangers either, but hamper would be nice as I've never won anything in my life, ever.

so have completed the survey but ticked no to the trip (sad] but yeeeeeeees to hamper grin.

When is the draw being made?

fillybuster Tue 09-Sep-08 14:39:44

I'd so so so love the trip but am just about to return to work from mat leave and can't see how I could leave a) work b) dcs and c) dh for a week on my own....would much prefer to be able to do something lie this with dh.... So I guess its no to the trip and yes to the hamper....

pushchair Tue 09-Sep-08 14:44:02

No coffee in, need large hamper of it! grin

orangina Tue 09-Sep-08 14:54:08

Do you think anyone can drop everything for a week in early November? God how I would love to go! Who cares if we don't all get on, I'd lie somewhere in the heat and read a book without being pestered about poopoo....

(daydreams)

MrsPurple Tue 09-Sep-08 14:56:02

I'm on for it, currently couldn't think of a better way to clear my head, lots of coffee in beautiful surrounding, whilst learning about culture etc.

BlingLovin Tue 09-Sep-08 14:58:11

Do you have to be a mum? Or can you be a mumsnetter who doesn't have kids yet? I'm totally in.

LilRedWG Tue 09-Sep-08 14:58:36

Done!

FioFio Tue 09-Sep-08 14:59:15

Message withdrawn

LilRedWG Tue 09-Sep-08 15:01:31

Done. I've gone for the trip! It wouldn't let me enter my email address though with that option.

Tortington Tue 09-Sep-08 15:14:58

i didn't read the small print - so let me understand 3 mumnsetters who dont know each other to costa rica without their families.

do we have to work on eco friendly projects and help unfortunate communitites?

Rubyrubyruby Tue 09-Sep-08 15:23:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TigerFeet Tue 09-Sep-08 15:29:49

I went to Morocco with one bloke I barely knew and a bunch of around 15 people I had never met before - it was brilliant, by far the best trip I've ever been on. It wouldn't faze me tbh, going with two MNers I hadn't met. The only problem I might have would be getting time off work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now