Talk

Advanced search

Bookmark place in a particular thread?

(6 Posts)
Jaamy Tue 09-Sep-08 12:57:12

Is there any way that we can book mark our place in a thread? It's a real pain when I spend ages catching up with a thread and get dragged away halfway through or (god forbid) have to go to work or feed DCs or something trivial like that. When I get back I have to scroll through the whole blooming thing again trying to figure out where I was up to.

I know I could take note of the time and date of the last post I read but the beauty of MN is that you don't need a pen and paper.

If there is no such facility, is there anything that can be done?

TIA

EachPeachPearMum Tue 09-Sep-08 12:58:38

Great idea! I'd like this too grin

StealthPolarBear Tue 09-Sep-08 12:58:49

Watch this thread does exactly that

StealthPolarBear Tue 09-Sep-08 12:59:32

Or, if you're not at the top, each message has a message ID, there might be a way for tech to add that on to the watch facility

Twims Tue 09-Sep-08 13:02:29

I want a bookmark too for when reading a very very very long interesing post

nannynick Thu 11-Sep-08 08:59:16

You can do it, using FireFox and hard-coding the URL string.

For example:
Entering this in the Address Bar www.mumsnet.com/Talk/1374/603319#12298014
Then clicking Bookmark This Page
will save the entire URL string as the Bookmark, rather than just the top of the page.

The 12298014 is the Message ID. You can find the message ID for any message, by hovering your mouse over the red ! which is used to report a message. (I'm using Mumsnet Classic, so may be different if using a different scheme)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now