Talk

Advanced search

In 'My Mumsnet' registration details, it says the following message from Techs:

(15 Posts)
EachPeachPearMum Mon 08-Sep-08 21:52:43

"The last time we tried to send email to this address, the attempt failed. If your address is incorrect you can change it below.) "

Yet my address is correct. Do I need to do anything?

Olihan Mon 08-Sep-08 21:56:43

I've had that message too but afaik my newsletters and roundups are coming in as usual.

Having said that, does anyone know what day they send the newsletters out, I'm not 100% sure when I last had one.

EachPeachPearMum Mon 08-Sep-08 22:00:04

Maybe there was a server glitch?
It doesn't have that message now!

Twiglett Mon 08-Sep-08 22:02:44

yes I had that too .. and I didn't get the roundup or newsletter last week

but my email hasn't changed

nell12 Mon 08-Sep-08 22:06:22

I have just checked; I have that message as well... my details have not changed either

TECH? <yells into the void>

RustyBear Mon 08-Sep-08 22:09:10

Is it a Hotmail address? I changed from Hotmail to Googlemail because Hotmail kept losing the MN newsletters & talk roundups - sometimes it put them in junk, but sometimes they just didn't get delivered at all. afaik, I haven't missed any since I switched to gmail.

littlelapin Mon 08-Sep-08 22:09:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

saltire Mon 08-Sep-08 22:12:40

I've not ahd a round up for weeks

EachPeachPearMum Mon 08-Sep-08 22:13:01

Hmm, RB yes it is hotmail (the same such who keep trying to tell me to use Firefox, which I am....)

Olihan Mon 08-Sep-08 22:17:19

Oh, I'm on hotmail too. Is there a hotmail gremlin stealing our round ups then?

Hassled Mon 08-Sep-08 22:24:15

I had this as well recently - was an AOL address and as AOL are so determined to put all new mail in Spam and then delete it asap I just assumed that had happened. Although now I think about it that makes no sense - MN/Tech would never have known, would they?

I get roundups etc OK most of the time - all I could think of at the time was that I had reported a post during the month before. Does that match the rest of you?

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Mon 08-Sep-08 22:29:31

Same here. Although I suspect I'm on the MN shitlist. wink

YetMoreTech (MNHQ) Mon 08-Sep-08 22:41:12

There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, but I love reading the theories, so I am going to let it run for a while...

littlelapin Mon 08-Sep-08 22:45:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Olihan Tue 09-Sep-08 12:59:38

Am LOLing at the fact no one wants to play Tech's game grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now