Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Etiquette question

(21 Posts)
Puppster Sat 06-Sep-08 16:14:09

<Long term lurker here, just starting to uncloak myself, apologies if this is blindingly obvious>

I recently asked a very run of the mill question, to which several people were kind enough to reply. I wasn't able to get back online for a couple of days, and therefore didn't actually chat with anybody, but I feel bad that I didn't thank those that responded, but I also felt that too much time had passed to put the --slightly dull-- question back into active convos

So should I

a) chill out, you can't possibly reply to all posters
b) bump the question and say thanks to respodants
c) quit MN and go to Netmums where I can channel my inner hun-lover

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 06-Sep-08 16:15:23

In order of preference:

b
a

That's it.

AvenaLife Sat 06-Sep-08 16:16:42

I read all my responses, then say a big thankyou to everyone, telling them I've read them all and I'm really grateful for their advice and that I can't reply to all individually as it would take too long.

tearinghairout Sat 06-Sep-08 16:18:14

Agree with Because. We can't all spend all our time on here waiting for our questions to be answered in real time. Sometimes I don't visit Mumsnet for, oh, minutes.

Puppster Sat 06-Sep-08 16:18:26

Thanks - and whilst I'm at it, can anybody help with why didn't my strike out work, and I don't have square brackets so can't do blush

This revealing oneself lark is a bit scary, I may namechange any minute

MarlaSinger Sat 06-Sep-08 16:20:24

You need to put the -- -- either side of each word like that.

Puppster Sat 06-Sep-08 16:21:18

Thanks Marla

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 06-Sep-08 16:21:38

How come you don't have square brackets? Mine are on the key next to 'p', underneath the squiggly brackets

Puppster Sat 06-Sep-08 16:23:25

Oh doh - thanks for the the directions blush

MmeLindt Sat 06-Sep-08 16:24:43

I took ages to find my square brackets, mine are on the 8 key but I have a strange German keyboard.

Puppster Sat 06-Sep-08 16:25:54

I have no such excuse, and my typing is generally a disaster today - apologies!

FabioBadAssCat Sat 06-Sep-08 16:28:34

Agree with BIWI.
But lol at 'inner hun lover' - keep it inner round 'ere. It needs dam-n-ming, not channelling, in these parts.

smile

you can copy and paste the emoticons too

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 06-Sep-08 16:30:19

I'm surprised you've admitted to even having an inner hun-lover, myself.

Dangerous territory to get into here hun

MmeLindt Sat 06-Sep-08 16:30:38

Actually, I have just discovered that my laptop has the ^^ to enable me to highlight a word. Must go and check my keyboard, I could not find it earlier.

Puppster Sat 06-Sep-08 16:32:34

Tiptastic, thanks Fabio

Puppster Sat 06-Sep-08 16:33:23

x-posts

Thanks all

Puppster Sat 06-Sep-08 16:34:59

Ah yes, the call of the soft and fluffy is strong, but held in check by the nest of vipers MN

AuraofDora Sat 06-Sep-08 16:36:44

lol mmelindt your highlight is italics! and the stars for bold test on top of the 8

op i would 'b' it

MmeLindt Sat 06-Sep-08 18:30:13

Aura
Thanks, I could not remember the word italics for some reason. I have been in Germany too long. blush

My 8 only offers ( and [ though, as I have a German keyboard, I have qwertz not qwerty

AuraofDora Sat 06-Sep-08 21:55:05

ah
alles klar grin mmelindt

apols for spelling blush they have great language the germans, i wish i could speak it esp to cuss in !
great sound ..like it..

btw isnt lindt swiss?.. or is it just another border issue ?shock wink

MmeLindt Sun 07-Sep-08 19:40:44

You are right, Lindt is Swiss. I used to be Kindersurprise but when we got word that we were moving to Geneva, I decided to namechange. We are off in 2 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now