Talk

Advanced search

I love morningpaper's round ups - they really are ace

(112 Posts)
katierocket Fri 05-Sep-08 14:44:23

that's it really. I don't have time to post much anymore and the round ups really remind me why I love the humour on mumsnet.

morningpaper Fri 05-Sep-08 15:01:05

this definitely needs bumping

(thanks Kaie )

cornsilk Fri 05-Sep-08 15:02:22

I didn't get one this week yet. (sulks)

SlartyBartFast Fri 05-Sep-08 15:03:46

but how do you choose quote of the week???

BroccoliSpears Fri 05-Sep-08 15:04:01

I appeared in one once!

<goes misty eyed at the memory>

They are jolly good it's true.

katierocket Fri 05-Sep-08 16:39:33

this is my favourite bit from this week

Anifrangapani impressed us all with her confession that "I have been to CERN to see the colliders and they are so cool." "Were you tempted to take a balloon and pop it just as button was pressed?" asked Slur.

katierocket Fri 05-Sep-08 16:39:50

and wow Anifrangapani, that is impressive

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Sep-08 18:58:38

I'm going to sticky this thread to remind all of you who are missing out on the Talk round up to sign up here and transform your Fridays in a nanosecond.

Truth be told we don't yet have enough sign ups to attract Froot Shoots to sponsor it, so MP's not getting the year's free supply she set her heart on.

If you know anyone who should get it then do email them the link too - go on what's one more email a week in a sea of spam it's utterly brilliant.

indianajane Fri 05-Sep-08 19:01:56

I've had mine now - love the comment about Fabio!

tigana Fri 05-Sep-08 19:04:50

Yup. Reading MPs roundup frequently draws me onto MN too seek out some wit and empathy.

NorthernLurker Fri 05-Sep-08 19:05:19

I found out about the whole zombie plan issue through the round up. That simple thing has transformed my marriage. Now whenever Dh thinks he has the upper hand in a arguement discussion I can come back with 'but you don't have a Zombie plan do you!!' Pah!

bossybritches Fri 05-Sep-08 19:05:21

Love it-

......as katieR says if you've had a fraught MN-less week then it gives you a real boost!!!

tigana Fri 05-Sep-08 19:05:59

too seek out?!!??!
typo I promise! blush
I am not pedant-baiting!!!

Hassled Fri 05-Sep-08 19:06:15

I'm so very sad that when I worked out my 2 week holiday would be structly internet-free, the first thing I thought wasn "at least I'll have two of MP's roundups to read when I get back" blush. I love them - even when they are about threads I've been on or read already, they still sound fresh and newly interesting, IYSWIM.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Fri 05-Sep-08 19:07:15

Yes i read it this afternoon and nearly fell of my chair as i was in it - i actually do exist on mumsnet - yeye!

i didn't get it. angry

morningpaper Fri 05-Sep-08 19:30:05

ooh I like this

I am sitting at the top of the board with my own sticky and everything

<basks in glorious attention>

AccipeHoc Fri 05-Sep-08 19:31:16

I must have been on mn too much this week, because reading the round up, I'd read it all before, and that never usually happens to me.

Slubber's leaving the 'largest person sit here' seat free is classic. I can see how that would drive a wedge between two old friends!

Slubberdegullion Fri 05-Sep-08 19:34:12

Sometimes it's in with my spam, sometimes it comes to my proper inbox. When I get it in with my other personal e-mails, I like to imagine MP has sent it to me personally

"there you go Slubber, enjoy...." she thinks as she presses send.

When it's in amongst 'Be awed by your own tremendous size' and '#1 medicaion facilitation' then I know it's just Justine pressing send to her list of 2 million drones.

S1ur Fri 05-Sep-08 19:34:32

I think MP's round-ups are excellent and witty and highlight some of what's best about mumsnet.

<biased wink>

<<Settles next to MP to warm hands on glow.>>

LackaDAISYcal Fri 05-Sep-08 19:37:15

they always have me chuckling smile

mehgalegs Fri 05-Sep-08 19:38:13

I am only ever funny when MP is on holiday.sad

StealthPolarBear Fri 05-Sep-08 19:38:49

where'smine?
I usually get it, not this week

BreeVanderCampLGJ Fri 05-Sep-08 19:43:54

I got last weeks but not this weeks. sad

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Sep-08 19:47:46

You can always see the latest round up by clicking the newsletters link at the top of talk.
Worth checking your spam if it's not come through - you might have to set your preferences to always allow mail from us or something... I'll ask BigTech.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now