Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to be logged into MN from 2 different computers at once?

(10 Posts)
2CV Fri 29-Aug-08 18:37:25

I was logged into MN from work today (a bit naughty I know, but it was quiet) and am worried I might have left my computer logged in and not turned off Internet Explorer before I left for the day. As I am now logged on at home, does this mean I am not logged on from work anymore?

spicemonster Fri 29-Aug-08 18:38:23

Yes it's possible I'm afraid. Why don't you change your password if you're worried someone might try and post as you?

sagacious Fri 29-Aug-08 18:39:12

Yes
Am on laptop, and mn is also on upstairs main computer

2CV Fri 29-Aug-08 18:42:10

Oh crikey.
Not that anyone will be looking at my computer anyway. I'm more worried about them accessing "threads I'm on" than posting as me tbh...

2CV Fri 29-Aug-08 18:49:59

I don't suppose MN Towers could somehow cut me off?
[hopeful emoticon]...

sagacious Fri 29-Aug-08 18:52:19

Email them ..they are gods.. (you never know the power of mumsnet)

2CV Fri 29-Aug-08 18:57:08

Right email sent.
I only hope that there is some way round this. I bet I have logged off, but it is just going to worry me all night and I am going to end up heading back into the office for my peace of mind...

SaintGeorge Fri 29-Aug-08 19:15:34

Change your password immediately as a security measure.

Change your nickname (just stick a 1 or something at the end for now).

Log out, log back in again.

Now if someone tries to refresh a page, or check 'threads I'm on' etc on other machine, they won't get anywhere.

You can change back to your proper nickname on Monday, when you are sure your work PC is logged off properly.

Probably a bit OTT but better safe than sorry.

2CV Fri 29-Aug-08 19:34:59

Thanks - have done!

BigTech (MNHQ) Mon 01-Sep-08 09:58:46

Good morning 2CV,

Just changing you password would be fine, then no one can access you account because the password saved on the computer you were on (at work) will now contain an incorrect password and not let anyone log in.

Have a great week.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now