Talk

Advanced search

I wish I could 'mark' threads as unread - if I decide I don't want to go back to them

(9 Posts)
KatyMac Thu 28-Aug-08 07:25:35

You know - you see a title, have a read - decide you have nothing to add to the conversation; it doesn't offend you so you don't hide it

A bit later you see the thread in purple (not blue) & think 'what was that about' so have another look & feel a bit silly

If you could rt click on it & mark it as unread you could just forget about it

I kinda see the purple ones as threads I want to pop into again (iyswim)

ladytophamhatt Thu 28-Aug-08 07:29:41

It'd also be good to have one where you can mark it as "read later" or something.
I often see threads that interest me, but 3,4,5 at a time so I read one, but then lose the others on the super active convos and with a memory like mine you forget the titla=es easily.

I suppose a bit like watch this thread but abit less permanent.

ladytophamhatt Thu 28-Aug-08 07:30:34

super fast active convos that should be.

Not that actives convos isn't super thoughgrin

SqueakyPop Thu 28-Aug-08 07:44:39

If you never want to open a thread again, you can use the hide function. You can still have access throught their topic area, but not from Active Conversations.

Gobbledigook Thu 28-Aug-08 08:29:23

I agree LTH - because 'watch this thread' doesn't work cos I never go back to 'threads I'm watching'! Ha ha - I just forget!

It would be good if you could sort of drag them to the top of your own active convos so they sit there till you are ready to read them.

KatyMac Thu 28-Aug-08 18:01:09

bump for other peoples opinions?

SaintGeorge Thu 28-Aug-08 18:05:48

I like the 'unmark' of threads idea.

The read later thing though really is just using 'watch this thread' and good housekeeping to make sure you delete them when done with.

RustyBear Thu 28-Aug-08 18:09:09

If you right click on threads as you see them in active convos you can choose to open them in a new window, or new tab if you have tabbed browsing. Then you can go to them as you finish with the previous one (remember to refresh before you post though in case they've moved on!)

Is that not what hide and watch are for ladies? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now