Talk

Advanced search

the 'for free' section - can I have a rant please???

(27 Posts)
SpandexIsMyEnemy Thu 14-Aug-08 16:35:29

it's suppose to be items you're giving away for free - either collection or postage (if you chose it) it is NOT meant for some posters to ask about 'swopping' items, items you want, or items you have on sale.

angry

that's why there's B&S boards, and that's why you have to pay £5 for the CAT. seems to be yet again the same group of posters. Is it any wonder us reg posters specify that we would only like to give stuff away to mnetters we recognise.

<sorry rant over, and as you were!>

LIZS Thu 14-Aug-08 16:51:45

I think the problem is the Swap Shop section vanished when the new For Sale/Wanted was created , a lot appear under Mumsnet Swaps too which they patently aren't

SpandexIsMyEnemy Thu 14-Aug-08 19:32:36

can towers not do something about it??

SpandexIsMyEnemy Thu 14-Aug-08 23:42:22

i'm stamping my foot - there's another post!

<PMT is raging in the spandex house hold tonight!>

misdee Sat 16-Aug-08 10:03:52

yes please please do clarify this, as its getting annoying.

SpandexIsMyEnemy Sun 17-Aug-08 17:20:56

glad it's not just me misdee!

Whizzz Sun 17-Aug-08 17:24:44

For sale seems to have died a death too unless you are prepared to accept an offer of 2p instead of £2 for an item

SammyK Sun 17-Aug-08 17:28:07

I have lots of little bits and bobs ds too old for now but I cannot afford to lay out £5.

If problems are still occuring then it obv hasn't worked too well, sounds like they have just found a way around them. hmm

LIZS Mon 18-Aug-08 10:34:48

Example here

PootyApplewater Mon 18-Aug-08 10:37:14

I've reported loads of threads.
Nothing seems to happen though.

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 18-Aug-08 18:59:43

Message withdrawn

SpandexIsMyEnemy Mon 18-Aug-08 19:23:41

it just really annoys me tbh all around did report a thread can't see it there now so might have been taken off - but didn't have a reply.

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 18-Aug-08 19:42:25

Message withdrawn

SpandexIsMyEnemy Mon 18-Aug-08 19:44:46

so would I knickers - but to be fair if I want something I would look on ebay, or wither post a wanted on B&S or actually buy from the selling lot.

i'm sorry the B&S seems to have slowed up somewhat, but to that end it was being taken advantage of in the old system. I realise times are tough for us all, but there needs to be a line somewhere in the sand about things. and it should be kept strictly seperate.

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 18-Aug-08 19:48:08

Message withdrawn

SpandexIsMyEnemy Mon 18-Aug-08 19:49:38

well no quite - and you pay your postage (if OP wants to charge it) and like wise you give things for free - not charging but for FREE with postage as well - the whole concept of how about £3.00 delivered - smacks of selling to me - esp when it's only something small.

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 18-Aug-08 19:51:35

Message withdrawn

SpandexIsMyEnemy Mon 18-Aug-08 19:53:14

not having a go at u specifically btw! (don't think I am i'm not - there seems to be a few thou who do this)

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 18-Aug-08 19:54:52

Message withdrawn

SpandexIsMyEnemy Mon 18-Aug-08 19:56:12

lol. don't worry I have raging (severely raging) PMT! just hoping to god it's not early pg symptoms blush been a bit lax with ahem protection this month!

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 18-Aug-08 19:57:38

Message withdrawn

wotulookinat Tue 19-Aug-08 15:36:15

I use the FFP boards and buy from the buy and sell. I still would like to moan about the £5 CAT subscription - I would love to pay it and be able to sell, but don't have a credit or debit card so can't subscribe. I think that is one reason why it has slowed down. I understand fully the reason for subscribing and think it's a good idea, but I can't. So I have to sell elsewhere.
Moan over.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Tue 19-Aug-08 15:39:10

My biggest bug bear is when people get you to send pics and then disappear without even a no thank you. Or you are selling something for a very reasonable price and they want to haggle you down far too much.

MamaG Tue 19-Aug-08 15:41:48

Its a shame that something which could be SO good is actually so shite. I would buy stuff rrom regular MNers but can't be arsed to trawl through the hoards of hunnis

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Tue 19-Aug-08 15:42:29

What do you want MamaG? wink grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now