Talk

Advanced search

House swapping topic/mini-site?

(9 Posts)
WilfSell Fri 25-Jul-08 16:13:35

Hi. I don't know if you've seen my thread on house swaps (for holidays) in chat? There's a bit of interest in doing it informally but was wondering if MNTowers would be interested in doing something more formally? There are some global websites which charge a registration fee (about 100 quid on the main one) and the NCT do it for a much lower fee but not sure how much coverage it had - it gave the impression not many people were on it TBH.

It struck me you might be interested in either a separate topic? Or a mini-site where you give people the option of putting photos up etc - you could even charge if you provided a bit of support/guidance/content, webtools etc, but less obv than the 100 quid!

I dunno, just a thought.

mazzystar Fri 25-Jul-08 16:14:54

it would be good

WilfSell Wed 30-Jul-08 19:13:25

huh, MNHQ?

paolosgirl Wed 30-Jul-08 19:16:12

Second that - it's a great idea Wilfself (esp. as dh and I have planned next year's holiday on the basis of a MN house swap. And I'm not kidding grin)

WilfSell Wed 30-Jul-08 19:25:06

have you? from the thread the other day? excellent...

I've had two offers but DH is still very in need of persuasion...

mistressmiggins Wed 30-Jul-08 19:25:47

I would be up for this!

WilfSell Wed 30-Jul-08 19:27:30

I will bump the other thread with all the offers again... Hang on.

paolosgirl Wed 30-Jul-08 19:28:02

Yes, honestly. I posted on your thread the other day - it's a FAB idea smile

rachel(mumsnet) Wed 30-Jul-08 22:06:54

This is something we've discussed in the past and I'll make a note to bring it up at our next meeting (in September). We'll come back to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now