Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can you copy and paste from Word to Mumsnet?

(9 Posts)
Lonelymum Tue 25-Jan-05 11:09:42

Is it possible to copy something from Word and paste it as a message on Mumsnet? If so, how? Please keep any explanations to words of one syllable as I am completely computer illiterate!

I have a huge list of items for sale on Word and want to advertise on Mumsnet but can't get the list to paste. I can't write it all out again!

Mothernature Tue 25-Jan-05 11:11:38

will it not select all? on word...

Lonelymum Tue 25-Jan-05 11:12:01

Sorry?

pixiefish Tue 25-Jan-05 11:16:48

go to edit and click select all. then right click on the mouse while the mouse is over the text that's been highlighted and choose 'paste' from the drop down menu. go to mumsnet and right click the mouse where you want the text. then click 'copy'

Mothernature Tue 25-Jan-05 11:17:50

When you go on to your word document if you click your right button on the mouse it will give you a choice of things one being select all this should turn your list blue click the right mouse again and copy, come into mn on for sale go to the box and click the right button again and paste, this should let you post what you want to sell, or send it to me and I will do it for you mothernature@hotmail.com...

JanH Tue 25-Jan-05 11:22:41

I just tried it with a random file and it worked, LM -

1) highlight everything you want to copy in the Word doc

2) make sure cursor is within the highlighted area

3) right click on mouse, then left click on copy on drop down menu

4) back to MN

5) put cursor in mumsnet reply box, right click on mouse, then left click on paste on drop down menu

Your formatting will be all over the place though.

Lonelymum Tue 25-Jan-05 11:26:10

Thanks, have just managed it. Realised I needed to get both Mumsnet and Word lined up ready to swap from one to the other, IYKWIM.

Lonelymum Tue 25-Jan-05 11:27:06

Now does anybody want to support the financially in the mire Lonelymum family?

Snugs Tue 25-Jan-05 14:38:13

Lonelymum - you dont have to have them lined up if you are using windows. You can switch backwards and forwards between them, so still have them both full screen.

Press and hold the Alt key and then press the tab key (probably got 2 arrows, left hand side of keyboard).

A shortcut for copying and pasting: highlight text and press Ctrl and C to copy,
Ctrl and V pastes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now