Talk

Advanced search

Help needed to update mumsnet 'find the best' reviews

(14 Posts)
Rachel (mumsnet) Tue 18-Jan-05 14:53:09

We have recently embarked on the mammoth task of updating all existing reviews (and adding in a couple of new ones). We're a good way through doing this, but we want to get the rest updated within the next couple of months and in order to do this we need to enlist a few more helpers to help check out product details, find pics, website links etc etc We can't pretend that it's particularly fascinating work and sadly it's also unpaid but it keeps the little grey cells operating and can be done any hours to suit. All you really need is internet access, a very basic knowledge of excel and a bit of investigative spirit - and it's very satisfying when the new survey hits the site.

So we are looking for a handful of keen folk with some time on their hands over the next 6-8 weeks. If you're interested please get in touch at contactus@mumsnet.com

Rachel, Justine and Carrie

zebra Tue 01-Mar-05 21:31:20

Bumping this for you & adding...
the carseat reviews don't work with Netscape, there's an error in the code, very annoying... DH got very sniffy about the quality of the html (tech??)....

Hulababy Tue 01-Mar-05 21:33:13

Rachel - sorry, been so busy with the interviews, house buying and two deaths in the family - I have still to finish the 2nd stage car reviews. I will try and get them finished this week, honest!

tech (MNHQ) Tue 01-Mar-05 23:52:05

Hello Zebra,
The car seats should work with netscape now. As for DH, tell him it's nothing to do with the html it's the mime type. and anyway am I bovvered?

Justine (mumsnet) Wed 02-Mar-05 00:03:51

He is, he is!

tech (MNHQ) Wed 02-Mar-05 00:06:38

I am as well. It's very sad.

zebra Wed 02-Mar-05 18:07:19

Is there going to be a section for carseats age 4 yrs+? That would be useful....

Levanna Thu 03-Mar-05 00:39:40

I'd love to help .

But, what's excel? If it's something I may have learned but don't know I know IYKWIM, or if it can be done without, please let me know!

snugs Thu 03-Mar-05 00:43:57

Hi you - excel is a spreadsheet package, part of microsoft office. Fairly easy to use, especially if they only need basic stuff doing on it.

Levanna Thu 03-Mar-05 00:46:09

Hi back . I've only got XP Home. Bum.

snugs Thu 03-Mar-05 00:52:31

Shucks. Well how about you do the research bit and I do the excel bit for ya? Don't know if it would be workable, but can always ask the MN team.

LIZS Thu 03-Mar-05 13:51:29

btw the 3 wheelers review page isn't working

Carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 03-Mar-05 15:06:55

Which bit Lizs? Both send a review and find the best seem to be working for me?

LIZS Thu 03-Mar-05 16:36:35

It seems to list the same as the Travel Systems page rather than 3 wheelers .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now