Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Problems with Mumsnet and Explorer on Mac OS X

(6 Posts)
SofiaAmes Sat 08-Jan-05 23:48:08

Hi tech...hope you had a great holiday. I have had trouble for some time now....When I try to go to Mumsnet/Talk/Last Day from Explorer the page freezes and never loads fully. Or if it does load fully (very occasionally), as soon as I start to scroll down it freezes up. I am running Explorer 5.2 and am on a Mac OS X (10.3.5). I have the same problem at work too. It didn't happen with Explorer 5.2 on Mac OS 9.2.2. I have no problem on the same computers, same set up using Safari. Any ideas...?

SenoraPostrophe Sat 08-Jan-05 23:55:16

there are loads of problems with IE on OSX (although I may be thinking of OS9) - we have to recode things all the time especially for it.

It's either Microspft's revenge or Apple's way of dissuading customersfrom moving over to the other side.

SueW Sun 09-Jan-05 02:11:41

At least mumsnet works with Mozilla unlike www.bignoise.com, www.national-lottery.co.uk and www.weightwatchers.co.uk and various other sites I've visited recently, all of which want my money but won't work with MY chosen browser.

suzywong Sun 09-Jan-05 07:37:01

I had those problems and I changed to Safari and it's fab

sobernow Sun 09-Jan-05 08:21:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

alibubbles Mon 10-Jan-05 16:55:45

SofiaAmes, I had exactly the same problem too, so use Safari now for lots of things I couldn't buy from M&S on line, or book a flight with British Airwats with IE, but no problem with Safari

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now