Suddenly getting ads again despite Premium

(22 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

acatcalledjohn Wed 16-Jun-21 21:19:59

On Talk App, iPhone running on iOS 14.6. Second pic just to show thread title.

OP’s posts: |
acatcalledjohn Wed 16-Jun-21 21:21:14

Just quickly checked and it's in all threads. Various ones.

Igmum Wed 16-Jun-21 21:22:43

Me too. It only seems to be one a thread so I'm not particularly bothered. I have a iPhone too so could be the latest update

LumpySpacedPrincess Wed 16-Jun-21 21:58:32

Me too!!! When I went to look at a premium offer it's asking me to subscribe, but I'm already a subscriber!

Cismyfatarse Wed 16-Jun-21 22:04:21

Me too.

nightcapers Wed 16-Jun-21 22:18:44

I found it I logged out and then in again it sorted the problem thanks to the advice of another poster. Hope it works for you

nightcapers Wed 16-Jun-21 22:19:01

*if

Advertisement

acatcalledjohn Wed 16-Jun-21 22:35:27

nightcapers

I found it I logged out and then in again it sorted the problem thanks to the advice of another poster. Hope it works for you

Tried but no luck unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though.

acatcalledjohn Wed 16-Jun-21 22:37:52

Ah, yes, it looks like premium features are off. Just tried to filter by user in a thread and I can only filter by OP now.

drinkingwineoutofamug Thu 17-Jun-21 09:23:18

Me too. Will attempt the log out log in and see if that helps

drinkingwineoutofamug Thu 17-Jun-21 09:27:45

So quick log out, log back worked 🤷🏻‍♀️ no more ads

soniamumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 17-Jun-21 09:44:19

Hi - thanks for the reports on this. Please try signing out and back in again which should resolve the problem. Sorry for any inconvenience. flowers

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 17-Jun-21 10:48:34

Sorry for that guys, we had an issue last night with recognising users were logged in. It should be resolved now, but it sounds like you may need to re-log in if something doesn't look right.

@acatcalledjohn that's strange that logging in doesn't fix the problem. I've just checked, and you're definitely still on Premium and the app should recognise that. Could you force quit the app and reopen it? That should make the app re-check that you're premium, then hide ads.

Sorry for the hassle!

acatcalledjohn Thu 17-Jun-21 11:12:10

@TimMumsnet

Last night it didn't work but all is back to normal this morning. Thank you!

ShowOfHands Thu 17-Jun-21 12:14:27

This happens every month for me @TimMumsnet

I've just done my monthly log out, log back in again dance. Is there a fix for it?

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 17-Jun-21 16:05:06

@ShowOfHands that's not right - is that being logged out of the Android app, or something different? How do you know you've been logged out, does the app ask for you to sign in again?

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 17-Jun-21 16:07:04

acatcalledjohn

*@TimMumsnet*

Last night it didn't work but all is back to normal this morning. Thank you!

I'm glad to hear! Let us know if anything else isn't right.

ShowOfHands Thu 17-Jun-21 17:23:56

I don't use the app. I use MN on my Android phone via Chrome.

I was advised by HQ to log out in order to get Premium to work properly. Just like SoniaMN recommends on this very thread. It does work. Once a month I suddenly see adverts again and can't access premium, so I log out and back in again and it resets
I just wondered why it does it. Presumably it coincides with my subscription renewing?

LumpySpacedPrincess Thu 17-Jun-21 20:02:59

Still seeing ads....harumph....

ElaborateSalad Thu 17-Jun-21 20:04:34

I've subscribed to premium a couple of weeks ago and have only just noticed thaf there aren't ads! Hurrah!

LumpySpacedPrincess Thu 17-Jun-21 20:07:58

Switched browser and they're gone, but I don't want to switch browser as I prefer chrome. I repeat, harumph.

Anothermuddywalk Thu 17-Jun-21 20:27:13

I've noticed this recently as well - on the android app. I've done the whole logging out and back in and makes no difference, still got stonking great ads in every thread...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in