help all my settings have chanegd and I can't get them back

(9 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

steppemum Mon 14-Jun-21 09:08:20

So, my firefox updated and the screen has completely changed and I can't get it back.

The tabs are all now white and there are no lines between tabs. It is really hard to read.

And my mn seems to have lost its settings too. The OP's posts and my posts are no longer in colour, and there are no boxes around the titles so it is really hard to see where one post finishes and the next starts.

It is making it all unreadable.

I have tried firefox settings, and nothing there to help.
For mn I have tried every setting to click on and I cannot find the place to highlight posts.

I am on laptop not phone.

Can anyone help please?
Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
steppemum Mon 14-Jun-21 09:43:41

OK, so I have foudn the mn settings to customise the page, and it says that OPs posts should be green and my posts purple, but on the screen they are all white.

I have reselected it and refreshed page, and still no colours.

It's driving me nuts, everything is so hard to read, it is as if friefox has removed colour form the page (apart from ads of course...)

Been in to firefox settings, and tried selecting different themes etc but it doesn't help, you can have everything white, or everything another colour, but you can't get any different layouts.

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 14-Jun-21 14:33:39

Hello @steppemum we'll move this over to Site Stuff now so it doesn't get lost. Could you possibly send us a screen shot of what you're seeing? You can post on the thread or mail at contactus@mumsnet.com. Also - is it just Mumsnet where you're having this issue? Thank you.

steppemum Wed 16-Jun-21 13:24:06

Hi,
so I have finally got back to this.

My dh is very techy, and he has had a look. Firefox has definitely changed settings, but that doesn't account for why the mumsnet settings are not working, and the page doesn't disply properly.

I have restarted the comuter etc etc.

here is a screen shot of one thread. You can see that I have a post, which should be coloured, and also that the name of the posters /date etc is just part of the white page, no lines/shading so it is hard to read where one post ends and the next begings

steppemum Wed 16-Jun-21 13:26:11

so Becky's nmae look like this

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet (MNHQ)Mon 14-Jun-21 14:33:39

ie, just text on the page.

and the Add message part is in blue text, but has no box round it.

LilyMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 16-Jun-21 20:46:42

Hi OP

We're just looking into this and will be back with an update as soon as we can. flowers

steppemum Sat 19-Jun-21 10:13:43

Hi mnHQ

Have you had any success with this?
It has not improved.

Advertisement

LilyMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 20-Jun-21 09:39:54

Hi OP

This is a Firefox issue rather than something on site, however as a guess it looks like you have enabled something like a high contrast mode, so it's taking background colours off the screen.

You normally find these in the accessibility settings if you want to go and have a look.

steppemum Mon 21-Jun-21 21:59:31

dh and I have eventually solved it thanks to your suggestion about accessibility settings, it wasn't there, but it did send us down the right track.
Thanks

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in