Idea for app

(10 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

SciFiScream Fri 31-Jul-20 15:59:32

I am enjoying a long thread on the app so it means I have no idea have far through it I am. Which gave me an idea.

Would it be possible to number posts? So if I know there are 683 posts and I'm on 420 I'm at least 2/3rds through it?

OP’s posts: |
JulyBreeze Fri 31-Jul-20 16:00:22

Brilliant idea yes!

SciFiScream Fri 31-Jul-20 16:36:19

Ooo thanks for the support JulyBreeze! Hope we get more.

tribpot Fri 31-Jul-20 16:40:41

Yes, this seems like a great idea - on Ravelry (a yarn site quite a number of MNers use) you can see that post number 30 is a reply to post number 25 - this may be pushing the limits of what MN's legacy bulletin board software can do, but numbering the posts seems doable?

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 31-Jul-20 17:04:59

Hi @SciFiScream,

Grand idea! smile We can certainly put it to our Tech team to see if it's possible.

We'll go ask...

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 31-Jul-20 17:37:33

Hi @SciFiScream - that's a good idea, I'll look into it. The challenge is keeping the interface clean whilst adding more information, but I've got a few ideas.

SciFiScream Fri 31-Jul-20 18:07:46

hi @DawnMumsnet

Great thanks because it would help with a frustrating situation I find myself in too. I accidentally leave a thread without bookmarking (stoopid fingers) and a rough idea of number would help me find my place again far easier.

It just happened on a different thread. hmm

Advertisement

SciFiScream Fri 31-Jul-20 18:08:30

Oh and hi @TimMumsnet see my reply to Dawn above.

Thank you hope it works out.

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 03-Aug-20 11:52:19

Hi @SciFiScream - it turns out we recently did some research with web users on different ways to do this, and it's a bit complicated to do well. For now I'm going to put this on hold to focus on other app features, but we haven't forgotten it! Thanks for letting us know.

Jayzeee Mon 14-Jun-21 00:05:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in