Talk

Advanced search

Tech: deleting old threads?

(11 Posts)
StarryStarryNight Sat 29-Sep-07 12:58:59

Would it not free up a lot of space on your servers if threds were set to autodelete one year after first post?

I know it is entertaining to dig up old threads and discuss past members, but I find it a little spooky to be honest.

Cappuccino Sat 29-Sep-07 13:01:15

aww

no fun

Katymac Sat 29-Sep-07 13:05:38

Or archive them by topic - so they can be used as a resource but not added too?

Cappuccino Sat 29-Sep-07 13:06:27

no

still no fun

Kewcumber Sat 29-Sep-07 13:09:34

funniest thread by far was the dead rock star one. Was it Robert Palmer?

StockbreederHoundsFish Sat 29-Sep-07 13:10:56

Starry, you've read through some particular threads and decided you don't like it. I think it's only fair that others can make their own choices too. And I might add, it sounds like you did a lot of reading before coming to your moral decision. wink

You can ask for a new thread that rakes over old ground to be deleted. Which in this case, Rhubarb has.

FrannyandZooey Sat 29-Sep-07 13:20:20

No way! Looking at old threads is marvellous. If anyone feels uncomfortable about a particular thread being around to haunt them, start it in chat, ask for it to be deleted, or be more careful what you say in the first place.

StarryStarryNight Sat 29-Sep-07 15:15:19

Fishy! shock my only concern is for the servers of course!

unknownrebelbang Sat 29-Sep-07 15:40:39

The dug-up Robert Palmer thread was hilarious.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 01-Oct-07 11:32:24

Hii Starry,
On balance we think it best to keep the archived stuff as there's a lot of wisdom in there - not to mention suggestions of where to find baby pasta stars grin. Do report any particular threads which are causing problems as we're always happy to consider deletion of threads that are causing nowt but problems for folks.

codswallop Mon 01-Oct-07 11:33:43

oi justine
discening eaters topic

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: