Talk

Advanced search

MNHQ - you know the Mumsnet Classics topic.....

(9 Posts)
MamaG Fri 28-Sep-07 22:49:49

well, I think I read that all the threads mentioned in MP's roundup were going to be added to the classics topic, is that right?

I love most of hte ones MP mentions

fransmom Fri 28-Sep-07 22:53:43

MamaGotaDyson Mon 01-Oct-07 08:44:13

ladymuck Mon 01-Oct-07 08:49:31

But we don't really get 3 "classic" threads a week (ie the sort that we still refer to over a year later a la tablecloth lady, Mumsnet Rhapsody, Judge Flounce, pirate sex etc). Agree that MPs roundup is likely to include threads that will become classics, but not sure that it defines tham as such.

MamaGotaDyson Mon 01-Oct-07 08:50:22

So what to do? I sometimes want to just read a good long thread and not dip in and out, and classic is a great idea for it. Thre aren't many in there at the mo

ladymuck Mon 01-Oct-07 09:04:41

Presumably if you are getting the round-up than you can still read those? And typically the ones linked to from the homepage are longer threads (though those are selected by MNHQ who may have an eye to their "brand", so unlikely to post pirate sex)?

I thought that classics was more to collate some of the most quoted threads (where often it is hard to remember what the original title/topic was). Or at least that was my assumption - not sure I've actually read in detail any of the threads around it being set up!

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 01-Oct-07 09:15:01

Hey there,
The plan is to add the one classic thread MP refers to each week - so it won't be long before it's pretty full of reading material.

Cappuccino Mon 01-Oct-07 09:16:18

mama buy a bloody book

MamaGotaDyson Mon 01-Oct-07 13:51:39

thank you Justine

<ignores cappy>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: