Talk

Advanced search

Talk Urls

(9 Posts)
Tech (MNHQ) Sat 25-Aug-07 01:10:02

Hi all, We've made a slight change to the way the URLs of talk threads look. We needed to do this for various internal reasons.

The only impact you should notice is that threads you've read before tonight will all go back to the blue link colour when you look at the thread lists or active convos. Once you read threads from now on they'll go red again (until someone adds a message when they go back to blue like they always did).

If anyone encounters any problems, please let us know. Thanks.

fortyplus Sat 25-Aug-07 01:15:41

I had to log out a little while ago and log back in again because I suddenly got a red message saying I was using an incorrect username/password combination - even though I'd been typing all evening without name changing or anything. Was that your fault? wink

Tech (MNHQ) Sat 25-Aug-07 01:17:13

Yep that was me. It should be OK now. Sorry about that.

Kaloo20 Sat 25-Aug-07 01:19:19

I just got that too .... bl**dy techs ! where was your outage notice !

(s'right I'm one too)

fortyplus Sat 25-Aug-07 01:38:13

Naughty Tech! Thought I'd lost the plot! grin

fryalot Sat 25-Aug-07 11:15:45

tech!!! I don't like it

<<<whinges>>>

I like it to stay red whether someone has posted on the thread or not... I like to see what I've looked at, and what I haven't.

Pleeeeeeeease put it back the way it was smile

JackieNo Sat 25-Aug-07 11:16:52

Me too squonk - but I guess we'll get used to it pretty soon (we always do, don't we).

fryalot Sat 25-Aug-07 11:17:47

Yeah, I guess you're right. I suppose I just don't like change

<<goes off to subscribe to the Daily Mail>>>

Tech (MNHQ) Sat 25-Aug-07 11:35:19

This should be back to normal now as noted here - except that they will just have reset themselves to blue. They should stay red from this point forward though. Sorry for the confusion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now