Talk

Advanced search

hugely irritating ads with noises

(11 Posts)
wheelsonthebus Tue 07-Aug-07 15:41:14

there's some ads on this site that make hugely irritating noises which makes it impossible to use mumsnet at work without being noticed. driving me nuts

MrsBadger Tue 07-Aug-07 15:41:46

turn off sound on pc then?

Tech (MNHQ) Tue 07-Aug-07 15:45:05

Hi wheelsonthebus,

We shouldn't have any ads that make noise unless you click them to play the sound. If there is an ad that is making sound on its own, let us know and we'll get it taken off

wheelsonthebus Tue 07-Aug-07 17:57:45

have turned sound off pc (hopeless for trying to source noise tho' mrs badger)

Millarkie Tue 07-Aug-07 18:17:48

I am irritated beyond belief at the screaming from the ONE ad (I think that's it anyway). Have resorted to turning the sound off on my pc but kids turn it on again to play games.

Millarkie Tue 07-Aug-07 18:31:51

Just checked - it is def. the 'one railway' ad. It screams regularly without me clicking on it. . I can hear it faintly even with the sound turned right down.

wheelsonthebus Wed 08-Aug-07 19:23:37

thanks millarkie - thought i was going mad, and it was really irritating my colleagues. that is the one - i suspected it, but wasn't sure. Mumsnet, can you stop it?

That one screams at me too! Wondered what it was for ages

Millarkie Thu 09-Aug-07 21:48:45

Please please Tech - stop it screaming. With the volume turned down I still hear it and I just missed a heartbeat because I thought it was dd (in bed upstairs) screaming.

Tech (MNHQ) Fri 10-Aug-07 08:48:25

Hi there, We've let the ad agency know, so hopefully they'll remove the offending screaming ad.

Millarkie Fri 10-Aug-07 22:06:55

Thanks
I've turned the volume up a bit - fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now