Talk

Advanced search

Don't think a lot of people on posters MN have who've joined recently........quite grasp it....

(21 Posts)
BreeVanDerCampLGJ Thu 05-Jul-07 19:52:11

To quote Custy....'tis a place of love and knuckles.

Bectheneck Thu 05-Jul-07 19:55:53

LGJ this thread title makes sense when I first looked at it but when I've read it again it makes no sense at all! I got the gist though...or are you taking the michael...I am...I think.

This place has bollocks (and love and knuckles)

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Thu 05-Jul-07 20:02:47

Ok..................

Busted..............tried to C&P and failed to cut at the other end.

WigWamBam Thu 05-Jul-07 20:04:52

I know what you meant. And you're dead right - lots of them just don't get the ethos.

Makes me sad.

jeremyvile Thu 05-Jul-07 20:05:59

Its natural selection.

If you 'get' it, you stick around, if you dont, you huff and puff, get angry and leave.

Which i think works perfectly.

lulumama Thu 05-Jul-07 20:06:30

tis one thing to not get the ethos

quite another to slag off the posters and the site itself

it does take some getting used to though

jeremyvile Thu 05-Jul-07 20:08:19

Have just realised the inspired genius of your title there LGJ

WigWamBam Thu 05-Jul-07 20:10:36

Half of the problem though seems to be that the site has become so big that the ethos is more diluted - if that makes sense. The love and knuckles are still there, but you don't half have to wade through a lot of dross to find it sometimes!

Carmenere Thu 05-Jul-07 20:10:42

The thing is though that we don't all have to like each other. There are some oldies that I don't particularly like but I don't care too much about them and they don't worry too much about me I'd imagine.
I hate being called hun, text speak and the fucking inferiority complexes(no offense MI) that have started to bloom around here. FGS if you find mn valuable, great stick around, if you don't like it, fuck off, stop trying to change it.

PS: the usual PMT disclaimer applies..........

lulumama Thu 05-Jul-07 20:12:43

(((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

hun

actually, i do do hugs, will i get hounded out now with pitchforks!!

Carmenere Thu 05-Jul-07 20:14:04

Kathyis6incheshigh Thu 05-Jul-07 20:14:46

What do you mean about inferiority complexes Carmenere?
(Just interested, not asking in a pointed way)

deltamum Thu 05-Jul-07 20:18:19

stop getting above yourselves, it is only a chatroom website, 'ethos does not belong to the speaker, but to the audience.'

lulumama Thu 05-Jul-07 20:19:14

whos getting above themselves??

Carmenere Thu 05-Jul-07 20:23:58

Well what on earth makes people post that people on a website are horrible to them other than some class of an inferiority complex. This is not a schoolyard, a place of work, somewhere that you have to come. People come here voluntarily, for information and entertainment. If you don't like it, or don't like certain posters, fine, either don't come or avoid those threads, that's what the other 300,000 of us do. Just stop bleeding whingeing about it, I get enough of that from dd!

expatinscotland Thu 05-Jul-07 20:25:57

Thread title: understatement of the year.

deltamum Thu 05-Jul-07 20:48:43

this thread is top treat! Bring it on all you feisty posters (or whatever you call yourselves!)
certainly beats watching 'enders.

Carmenere Thu 05-Jul-07 21:20:03

Are you a registered member of mn Deltamum? Yes, well then you are a mner same as us, why try to catagorise us, why call us names, you don't know who you are talking to and are making huge generalizations.

deltamum Thu 05-Jul-07 21:34:58

no I am not, people who 'post' threads on mn are called 'posters' , right? Ok so I am a 'poster' too, was not generalising anyone actually. go and get yourself a big drink you obviously had a bad day.

(awaiting for angry comeback, this is a great channel for PMT)

Personally I let off steam by kick boxing...burns a lot more calories then whacking on your keyboard aggressively

lissie Thu 05-Jul-07 21:44:52

there is an etiquette tho. if you dont like mumsnet, go to netmums or mumsonline or bounty. you dont HAVE to post.

im a member of a few forums, but i prefer mn with its knuckles and love why come on to tell us how wrong we are?

Carmenere Thu 05-Jul-07 21:47:41

I was referring to your post of 20:18 Delta. I don't need to get a drink and have no need to let off steam. I, like many others on her atm am a bit sick of being criticised by folk who haven't had the decency to hang around long enough to get to know us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now