Talk

Advanced search

Is it just me or is there a lot of threads being deleted recently?

(6 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Graphista Wed 07-Feb-18 10:35:51

6 threads I've posted on have been deleted just in last few days. All for different reasons but it is frustrating when you've taken the time, thought and care to post hoping to help someone.

Is it just me or have others noticed this?

Iwasjustabouttosaythat Wed 07-Feb-18 10:42:49

Others must have noticed because people keep posting to complain about threads being deleted. Would you prefer to keep all the troll threads going? They can be pretty horrible.

FissionChips Wed 07-Feb-18 10:45:38

There was a little invasion of trolls.

Graphista Wed 07-Feb-18 11:38:04

1 - taat (about a deleted thread)
2 - trollhunting but I'd be surprised if it were a troll, mnhq haven't said it was just that they're investigating reports
3 - suspected troll - again unconfirmed as yet
4 - pbp
5&6 - identifying info.

Shame if it is trolls spoiling it

HebeMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 09-Feb-18 09:20:58

Hi Graphista,

It goes in fits and starts really. We think you're probably right, there was a bit of an uptick in threads being deleted earlier in the week. We seemed to have a small invasion of trolls, which we saw off but we thought best to delete the threads so people didn't waste their time posting on them, so that was responsible for some of it.

In general, we try not to delete entire threads unless there's a really vital reason. We tend to think that it's a shame for useful advice to be lost and we know it's really annoying when you've been contributing to a thread and it vanishes. So we try and keep it to a minimum.

Fear not, though - we're definitely not making it 'policy' to delete more threads or anything like that. Probably just a bit of an anomaly in the last few days.

Graphista Fri 09-Feb-18 12:45:12

Hope that turns out to be the case.

Thanks for the reply

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now