Talk

Advanced search

TAAT or not??

(3 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

PiffleandWiffle Wed 24-Jan-18 10:28:15

OK,

I started a thread about P&C spaces (stating they should be renamed to Wide Spaces etc..).

It was deleted as a TAAT despite the fact that it wasn't - the current P&C thread is about a specific incident, my thread was a discussion about P&C spaces as a concept & in general....

So moving forward, if an issue is raised in one thread, does that mean it can never be discussed in another one?

I personally feel that MNHQ have been a bit too hasty here....

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 24-Jan-18 10:41:37

Hi PiffleandWiffle

Sorry if you felt we were a bit hasty here. In truth, we received a fair few reports about your thread and after taking a look, we felt it was a slightly goady TAAT based on another thread that's been running recently.

We're absolutely happy for users to discuss this, it's just that from where we're sitting, and from what you said in your OP, taking it down felt like the best option - we hope you understand.

PiffleandWiffle Wed 24-Jan-18 11:38:14

I don't feel that you're "happy for users to discuss this" at all as you've just proven. The discussion was deleted.

If by "goady" you mean daring to suggest that P&C spaces should be replaced by spaces that can be used by anyone that needs the extra space, then yes - it could be classed as goady.

As could any discussion with more than one viewpoint.

But it wasn't deleted for being goady....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: