Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet email links don't open correctly in Android app

(8 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

ReluctantNeatFreak Sun 21-Jan-18 06:57:17

The thread links that are in Talk roundup or hot thread emails - when I click them, they open the app, briefly show the Active index, then go to a blank page. No way to get to the thread. Every time. It's been like that for months, but I've only just found this forum. It's rather frustrating :-)

Actually this is my first ever post (habitual lurker) and I've just found that clicking the emoji button below does nothing either.

I'm on a Samsung S6.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 22-Jan-18 07:41:20

Hi ReluctantNeatFreak,

Totally understand why this would be frustrating for you. We haven't had any other reports about this yet and so we' haven't been aware of an issue here. We're going to pass this over to our tech team to take a look.

As for the emoji button, is it all there? It just won't click through?

BTW, welcome to MN! grin

ReluctantNeatFreak Tue 23-Jan-18 23:11:50

Thanks, Lorna. Yes, smiley button is there but does nothing when clicked. The italics etc buttons do work.

ReluctantNeatFreak Wed 24-Jan-18 05:46:10

Also, not sure if relevant to email issue, but I am opening from Gmail Android app.

And whilst I'm here :-) when I bookmark a post, it has no effect. It successfully adds the bookmark (changes to say 'remove bookmark') but when I come back to the thread, I'm just put back to the top.

Maybe I should just reinstall the app...

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 24-Jan-18 11:45:06

Thanks for bearing with us, ReluctantNeatFreak. We're just discussing this one with our tech team.

flowers

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 24-Jan-18 11:51:05

Thanks for reporting - we're looking into it!

motleymop Tue 13-Feb-18 17:35:02

I have the same issue on my Samsung galaxy. Was this resolved (sorry if I'm behind the times)?

ReluctantNeatFreak Sun 18-Feb-18 06:22:03

No update from the tech team on any of the above issues yet *motleymop, although bookmarking does now seem to work for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now