Talk

Advanced search

Troll hunting deletion???

(22 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

paxillin Mon 18-Dec-17 21:22:20

"Message from MNHQ: We had an awful lot of reports on this thread, and an awful lot of troll hunting. As it did sound a tiny bit goady, we felt it was probably best deleted."

I think some more choice words for that OP could have been found? Other than pervs and bereavement trolls, I can't think of much that is less in the spirit!

Also does that mean the OP was real and is a mnetter who now returns to her lovely usual username to advise anybody on anything shock shock shock?

PurpleDaisies Mon 18-Dec-17 21:23:16

Which thread was it?

Christinayangstwistedsista Mon 18-Dec-17 21:24:40

Which thread?

leftwiththedognow Mon 18-Dec-17 21:25:42

It wasnt 'troll hunting' It was actually in good spirit before she became gone too far nasty. Not a 'tiny bit goady' at all in the end was she? Hence the reaction.

just5morepeas Mon 18-Dec-17 21:25:58

Yes, it was very "not in the spirit".

GrockleBocs Mon 18-Dec-17 21:27:38

Hunting seems a bit proactive a word to use here. It was more like MNer hunting.

paxillin Mon 18-Dec-17 21:28:16

This

PurpleDaisies Mon 18-Dec-17 21:29:38

pax that only shows the deletion message, not what it used to be.

christmasrage Mon 18-Dec-17 21:30:39

Black sheep cousin.

christmasrage Mon 18-Dec-17 21:31:26

Can anyone remember the username?

paxillin Mon 18-Dec-17 21:32:17

New username to protect her lovely everyday MN image.

Christinayangstwistedsista Mon 18-Dec-17 21:33:39

Bloody missed it, have been totally distracted by a thread about Fry's Turkish delight

PortiaCastis Mon 18-Dec-17 21:36:07

This is a TAAT

paxillin Mon 18-Dec-17 21:36:50

It is in site stuff, the place to ask about other threads without instant deletion.

christmasrage Mon 18-Dec-17 22:20:09

Ooh, I fancy fry's Turkish delight now...

Farontothemaddingcrowd Mon 18-Dec-17 22:25:01

Yes that was a very strange thread. Maybe the OP can't be definitively proven to be a troll, hence the vague deletion message?
Agree with you on the Turkish delight rage. It is a weakness of mine.

GlitteryStag Mon 18-Dec-17 22:37:17

Fuck being a taat (not specified in op).
It's questioning a ambiguous update.

Are they real with a different user.
Are they an absolute Troll.

Gerbil17 Mon 18-Dec-17 22:40:33

It was a great story and we could have written the ending

HebeMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 18-Dec-17 22:43:49

Evening, Pax, and others. To be honest, at the moment, we don't know for sure whether the OP was definitely genuine or not. But we were getting an awful lot of reports coming in so we felt it was best we contact the OP off the boards.

We wouldn't always take a thread down while we do that but the combination of the thread sounding a bit goady (whether true or not) and the number of troll-hunting posts we would otherwise be deleting anyway, meant we felt there was little point leaving it up while we talked to the OP and tried to find out what was what. That's all we meant in the deletion message really.

Sorry we can't tell you more than that right now. We just don't always have all the answers we're afraid, but hope that explains our thinking on the deletion message anyway.

GlitteryStag Mon 18-Dec-17 22:46:07

Surely you can look ip. Other accounts. Sock puppetting.
As well as common sense

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Mon 18-Dec-17 22:47:28

It was written like a Novel but I'm guessing she had a unremarkable posting history without suspicion and MNHQ Can't prove it's a troll

paxillin Mon 18-Dec-17 22:52:16

Thank you for clarifying, @HebeMumsnet. I appreciate you can't share information about another poster on a public forum.

I hope very much it was just a troll. A long standing mumsnetter posting under a namechange and returning tomorrow to advise would be much worse.

I'm sure lots of mnetters on the very supportive stately homes threads would have recognised elements of their tormentors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now