Talk

Advanced search

Disappointed by some trolls here

(78 Posts)
befreeofyourself Wed 06-Dec-17 14:37:57

So there are Trolls here also...

Whilst I appreciate that not everyone here is a troll and some people are just looking or providing advice there seems to be an unhealthy attitude in some people.

I suppose the measure of any response would be “would you say that to your parent that way” or “would you say that face to face”.

The measure of your vitriol is the mirror with which you see yourself and an attempt to hide your inner pain.

We are all just a human family but the screen, keyboard and relative anonymity here tends to breed an unhealthy environment.

I urge you to see the actual person behind the words, even if you disagree with the person I urge you to try a middle way.

Free yourself, find recovery, heal and start living life more abundant than you can even imagine.

This is my first and last post as I have moved on.

FenellaMaxwellsPony Wed 06-Dec-17 14:39:13

Umm. Ok. If you’ve moved on, what did you want from your thread then? confused

DonkeyOaty Wed 06-Dec-17 14:46:50

???

ShirleyPhallus Wed 06-Dec-17 14:49:35

Oh dear....

Battleax Wed 06-Dec-17 14:50:24

Cripes.

SparklyMagpie Wed 06-Dec-17 14:51:34

Are you one of these trolls OP?

SlartyFarkBarstard Wed 06-Dec-17 14:52:13

Ok.

Bluntness100 Wed 06-Dec-17 14:54:03

Free yourself, find recovery, heal and start living life more abundant than you can even imagine

Is this a motivational quote for the day <runs off to ask Alexa>

paxillin Wed 06-Dec-17 15:04:13

Yes, we need better quality trolls.

MNHQ, how are you recruiting them? I think you need to look at the wording in your trollery job offers.

JollyWankers Wed 06-Dec-17 15:18:48

Aye nae botherconfused

CoteDAzur Wed 06-Dec-17 15:26:52

“The measure of your vitriol is the mirror with which you see yourself and an attempt to hide your inner pain.”

Ahhahahahhahahha!

paxillin Wed 06-Dec-17 15:29:09

@CoteDAzur, get with the omm! Throw off your shackles of cynicism! Smile the world a little better!

paxillin Wed 06-Dec-17 15:37:04

But back to OP, you are new to MN. You had a goo look around, didn't like it. Fair enough, there are other sites.

Do you do that when you have a trial evening at a book club? Walk into a pub, look around, realise not your crowd, do you announce it's shit before leaving?

I tend to just make my apologies and leave when coming across a group I don't like much.

CourtneyLoveIsMySpiritAnimal Wed 06-Dec-17 15:40:13

Is this a motivational quote for the day

I've got it as a decal on my living room wall. Forget Live, Laugh, Love.

Truly, truly inspirational.

Bluntness100 Wed 06-Dec-17 15:41:32

Walk into a pub, look around, realise not your crowd, do you announce it's shit before leaving?

To be fair, I think she’d be a bit more verbose than that. More something along the lines of

*it is more humanly powerful to recognise the dismalness of this hostelry and move with freedom and alacrity to your own home, where love and warmth abounds” before she bolted out the pub door. grin

TrojansAreSmegheads Wed 06-Dec-17 15:41:42

by troll do you mean people whose opinions you dont like?

WitchesHatRim Wed 06-Dec-17 15:41:53

Righto.

JollyWankers Wed 06-Dec-17 15:43:09

Here's a good motivational quote courtesy of Bernard Black.

JollyWankers Wed 06-Dec-17 15:43:43

Bluntness100 grin

paxillin Wed 06-Dec-17 15:44:00

by troll do you mean people whose opinions you dont like

Only the unfree, unenlightened. Earth beings.

titchy Wed 06-Dec-17 15:47:53

I assumed you were expecting our trolls to have naice ham from your OP

HoneyDragon Wed 06-Dec-17 15:47:57

<looks hard at Paxillin>

<considers the person behind the name>

<considers talking to parents>

<looks at Paxillin again>

Pax you’re still a total bellend, right?

paxillin Wed 06-Dec-17 15:50:51

Yep.

HoneyDragon Wed 06-Dec-17 15:51:11

Cool

EdmundCleverClogs Wed 06-Dec-17 15:52:54

This must be a record flounce by MN standards!

Please come back, op. As a general sarcastic arsehole, your hippy-dippy, ‘I run a special mindfulness course’, quotes need to be daily or they just won’t get through the deep-set bitterness that is me as a poster.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now