Talk

Advanced search

Deleted threads

(19 Posts)
EddChinasMangina Mon 04-Dec-17 14:11:07

I'm using the app on iPhone and we used to get a message with a reason why a thread has been deleted, but now it's gone back to the way it used to be where the thread just disappears without explanation. It's no longer in watching/I'm on. It's really annoying!

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 04-Dec-17 14:14:01

Hi @EddChinasMangina, thanks for raising this! That certainly shouldn't have happened.

Could you provide a link to the offending thread, and I'll look into it.

EddChinasMangina Mon 04-Dec-17 14:19:12

I can't because it's not there anymore grin

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 04-Dec-17 14:39:02

Ha, yes I see what you mean.

I meant linking to it on from the web - can you remember which topic it was under, or roughly what it was about?

HelloGabriel Mon 04-Dec-17 17:11:57

Bet it was cat-napper grin

EddChinasMangina Mon 04-Dec-17 17:16:01

It was the thread about how much do you usually spend on Christmas and then everyone decided to discuss crumbs instead

EddChinasMangina Mon 04-Dec-17 17:16:49

Crumbs the person, not actual crumbs. Although that would've been equally as dull grin

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Dec-17 14:53:39

I've had a look around, and I can't find a deleted thread along those lines (we get a lot). However I've double checked some more recent deleted threads like this one or this one, and they both show the deleted thread response on the app.

If you do find any deleted threads without a message and have either the exact name or, even better, the URL for it - I can get to the bottom of it!

SquirrelPlantedBeech Wed 06-Dec-17 17:19:57

Tim I think this is the thread that Edd is referring to:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/Christmas/3102548-How-much-do-you-spend-at-Christmas-All-food-presents-trips-out-etc

I'm on a pc and can see the deletion message but lots of posters say they can't see them on the app.

fastfrank Thu 07-Dec-17 07:10:43

Thanks @SquirrelPlantedBeech that's the one. It disappeared from watching/I'm on but I can see the deletion message on the link.

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 08-Dec-17 17:43:20

Strange, I can see it fine!

NeverUseThisName Fri 08-Dec-17 17:50:51

This is what I get when I click on a deleted thread in the app.

No explanation, which is very frustrating.

justalittlelemondrizzle Fri 08-Dec-17 17:55:58

^EddChinasMangina
It was the thread about how much do you usually spend on Christmas and then everyone decided to discuss crumbs instead^

That was my post! Id forgotten about that one. Why was it deleted?

Bummybum Fri 08-Dec-17 18:22:11

Maybe update your app?

fastfrank Mon 11-Dec-17 05:44:41

My phone is set to auto update so it's not because of that.

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 11-Dec-17 11:11:34

Hi @fastfrank - I can see from your screenshot that you have an older version of the app. Could you go here and just check you're on v3.10.1 (the most recent). Thanks!

NeverUseThisName Mon 11-Dec-17 12:31:23

Do you mean fastftank, or do you mean me?

fastfrank Mon 11-Dec-17 12:36:22

I am indeed

Panda81 Sun 31-Dec-17 15:21:03

I am having this problem on iOS app.
Threads I'm 'watching' just disappear, assuming deleted as I can't find them again.

Can't the threads stay in watching list then when you click on them you get deletion message?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now