Talk

Advanced search

How do you add photos to posts?

(7 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Northernbird11 Sun 03-Dec-17 11:14:43

Exactly that really. How do you add a photo to a post? I’m using my iPhone. Thanks.

peachypetite Sun 03-Dec-17 11:15:15

Click on the paperclip icon under the text box.

Moogletea Sun 03-Dec-17 11:15:52

I had s problem attaching photos yesterday via iPhone. It just wouldn't work. Had to end up using my laptops

Northernbird11 Sun 03-Dec-17 11:18:29

Ahh I don’t have the paper clip icon. My account is new, could that be why?

MuddlingThroughLife Sun 03-Dec-17 11:55:20

Im android and can't seem to add from the app. I can do it using desktop site though even from phone or tablet.

ToniMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 03-Dec-17 13:18:53

Hi Northernbird11

We appreciate this probably is slightly irritating news, but we actually have a 28-day waiting period before a user has the ability to post pictures. It's an effective deterrent against the trolly types who join up simply to try to shock our users with gross and sometimes, upsetting pictures... We've actually had our fair share of these, of late, to be honest, and we decided that we'd much rather protect our lovely Mumsnetters from this kind of thing.
We've seen some gnarly stuff here at MNHQ, as you can imagine!

This sadly means that genuine users, like yourself, have to suffer a bit in the short term by not being able to post photos. But we think it's for the greater good and it all goes towards making Mumsnet a better place, so we really hope you understand our thinking here.

You should be able to post photos once the 28 days has elapsed.

If you have any problems with posting pics after the 28 days please email us and we'll get it sorted for you.

PanPanPanPing Sun 03-Dec-17 14:59:10

Well said, Toni, and quite right too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now