Talk

Advanced search

Fetishists and pervs, welcome to MN!

(53 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

paxillin Sat 02-Dec-17 19:05:51

I appreciate it is entirely possible someone really worries very much about feet and PE. Worries so much they have to start several threads over the years and always post about PE and feet on other threads.

I do worry it gives the wrong impression what mumsnet is for.

paxillin Sat 02-Dec-17 19:42:10

Thread has now been deleted. But I do think not immediately deleting posters who point out that a perv is, in fact, a perv could help prevent others oversharing on such threads.

MyrtleMaracas Sun 03-Dec-17 10:11:10

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lessworriedaboutthecat Sun 03-Dec-17 10:13:35

Op why are you posting about feet and PE are you a perv ?

FlaviaAlbia Sun 03-Dec-17 10:17:50

^ I do think not immediately deleting posters who point out that a perv is, in fact, a perv could help prevent others oversharing on such threads.^

Completely agree with this. When you've seen the same one many times before it's pretty obvious.

Like the slightly wierd one who posts about shoes off in S&B every so often as well.

MyrtleMaracas Sun 03-Dec-17 10:18:26

Yes maybe pax is the PE/foot/poo perv and just can't stop going on and on about it grin.

just5morepeas Sun 03-Dec-17 10:22:07

Yeah, I don't see why they have to delete commenters that are simply trying to help people.

ReturnOfTheMackYesItIs Sun 03-Dec-17 10:27:22

MN is overrun by pervs and I think it's absolutely fine to warn people on threads. If they still want to post about their small children masturbating (as I saw recently) for a paedophile to screenshot then fair enough.

Many people are naive and many people aren't aware of the more regular posting pervs (PE in pants one for example) so appreciate a heads up.

paxillin Sun 03-Dec-17 10:31:26

grin Before this thread attract foot pervs may I add I am NOT after stories about feet.

But it is infuriating if posters (several last night) warning others not to share get deleted before the perv thread does. This allows a new set of people sharing stories. Happens on more sinister threads, too. We've had child masturbation and girls in underwear in PE threads and people supplied stories. People who warn get deleted as troll hunters.

I used to agree with the no-troll-hunting policy. It is useful for threads about relationships etc. There are clearly enough HQers on duty to delete the hunter, please go for the perv first.

MyrtleMaracas Sun 03-Dec-17 10:32:22

'MN is overrun by pervs and I think it's absolutely fine to warn people on threads.'
Obvious pervs are deleted fairly quickly, there is no need for lots of helpful 'dont post! they are perv/poo fetishists!'. Unless it's to score points for being the bestest perv spotter ever. Do all these helpful folk trawl other sites warning people not to post there too or just here?

paxillin Sun 03-Dec-17 10:32:41

Slow x post with @ReturnOfTheMackYesItIs.

Delete the perv, not the hunter!

paxillin Sun 03-Dec-17 10:34:03

there is no need for lots of helpful 'dont post! they are perv/poo fetishists!'

Yes, there is. 20 or so stories are material. Perv can stash it.

paxillin Sun 03-Dec-17 10:35:59

And more pervs will come, they do communicate on their own fora no doubt. MN will be known as a useful source. I don't envy HQ on a weekend. It must be whack-a-perv. Leave the hunters alone. Perhaps have a perv alarm button.

Escapepeas Sun 03-Dec-17 10:38:54

Young girls with large breasts and school uniform is another common one. I reported a thread just this morning where posters are obliviously sharing details of their own teen daughters and school uniforms.

Oh, and please share your humiliating medical/period/shit and piss stories!

Some people on here really need to wise up.

LineysRunner Sun 03-Dec-17 10:39:35

I agree with pax.

ReturnOfTheMackYesItIs Sun 03-Dec-17 10:48:06

It's so odd that some people think posters give a shit about whether or not they've spotted a troll rather than think that actually, they hate to see people taken advantage of for someone elses wank fodder and care about the fact that the site is already massively targeted.

paxillin Sun 03-Dec-17 10:51:46

Agree. If mn wasn't so overrun with pervs, one might even ask a genuine school uniform question. Hands up who'd post "where do I get durable school tights"? I'd rather do the expensive trial and error than be mistaken for the uniform troll.

BubbaLips Sun 03-Dec-17 10:52:45

PortiaCastis Sun 03-Dec-17 10:55:40

I'll never understand why people post so much information about their kids underwear and periods my dd would be appalled if she knew I posted her personal info .

paxillin Sun 03-Dec-17 11:00:37

Unless it's to score points for being the bestest perv spotter ever.

That is just bollocks. I am not actually called paxillin in RL, nor are you MyrtleMaracas. Nobody would ever know.

MyrtleMaracas Sun 03-Dec-17 11:28:06

'Yes, there is. 20 or so stories are material. Perv can stash it.'
Yes but why do you feel this responsibility to warn people and to talk about it incessantly. What is wrong with reporting it, then it gets deleted?
The recent poo thread was deleted after lots of pearl clutching 'dont talk about poo!!' even though MN weren't convinced the poster was actually a fetishist.
As I said the internet <newsflash not just mn > is full of weirdos, I just don't understand the caped crusaders who think it is their responsibility to protect people. Every dodgy thread I've seen seems to vanish fairly quickly anyway.

paxillin Sun 03-Dec-17 11:34:07

I talk about it incessantly because I believe MN can survive the trolls and pervs if something is done. The talk guidelines were designed for a small community, not an enormous site.

It has changed beyond recognition and if it wishes to remain an unusual place of fun, support and discussion some of the moderating needs to change. Otherwise it will be tickers 'n trolls.

It now combines a larger than ever number of naive and vulnerable posters with an also larger than ever number of trolls and pervs.

MyrtleMaracas Sun 03-Dec-17 11:42:57

'I am not actually called paxillin in RL'
No but probably in one of the odd splinter groups, wringing hands about mn pervs. Do you get a little round of applause for your fetishist spotting?

'I talk about it incessantly because I believe MN can survive the trolls and pervs if something is done'
Weirdos are all around us, every site has them. Report and get a grip. Is it just mn that you feel this duty to protect? Maybe ask if there's a vacancy at mnhq.

paxillin Sun 03-Dec-17 12:07:49

I have no interest in working for HQ, I have a job. Yes, I do feel stronger about MN than other websites, MN are an unusual resource for many. You clearly don't think that, it's ok. You go on reporting and I will go on suggesting a change I'd like.

As for splinter groups, you clearly are a member, too. Otherwise you wouldn't know about it and couldn't mention it. My outside of MN online life has nothing to do with this.

MyrtleMaracas Sun 03-Dec-17 12:13:52

'My outside of MN online life has nothing to do with this.'

Of course it doesn't . It was actually in reply to your 'That is just bollocks. I am not actually called paxillin in RL, nor are you MyrtleMaracas. Nobody would ever know' comments. I'm pointing out that if you're wanting a pom pom wave for spotting pervs on splinter groups, FB groups whatever, if you use the same name than of course people 'will know'.

Ok then yes, I'll go on reporting you go on talking about pervs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now