Talk

Advanced search

App adding threads you've posted on to "Watched" threads

(12 Posts)
prettybird Sat 02-Dec-17 18:04:07

The app suddenly seems to have started automatically adding threads you post on to "watched" threads. Every time I post on a thread now, I have to unwatch it hmm

If I want to watch a thread, I choose to watch it. If I post on a thread, then I can check "Threads I'm On" hmm

In rare occasions, I might choose to watch a thread that I am also on (as I might use it for reference once it has filled up).

This seems unnecessary duplication and is irritating angry

Scrowy Sat 02-Dec-17 18:07:25

Oh

It’s always done that for me on the app/ iPad and desktop?

Is that not right?

whyareusernamessodifficult Sat 02-Dec-17 18:16:08

It’s always done that for me on the app as well. I don’t think it’s a new thing?

PanPanPanPing Sat 02-Dec-17 18:47:50

I don't know what it looks like on the App, but on the desktop site you have to 'uncheck' the 'Watch this thread' blue box (underneath the message box) if you don't want it on your Watch List.

prettybird Sat 02-Dec-17 18:57:51

It's always done it in the desktop/laptop site but never to me at least on the Talk app.

There is no option to "uncheck" on the Talk app. confused

prettybird Sat 02-Dec-17 18:59:49

This is what a "reply" looks like on the App.

PanPanPanPing Sat 02-Dec-17 19:05:01

You don't get many options on the App, do you?!

Wish I could help. But I gather there have been many glitches on the App for some time.

prettybird Sat 02-Dec-17 20:51:32

No you don't.

To be fair, it is just a "Talk" app. You can start threads, post replies, attach photos, watch threads, see Active threads and Discussions of the Day as normal.

But you can't see "Mumsnet Local", although you can see replies to thread you've posted on (but unless they've fixed the glitch, you can't actually reply to a thread in MN local - worse, you can reply but it then disappears into the ether sad) nor can you see whether you've got a PM, let alone see the PM or be able to reply to it. hmm

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 04-Dec-17 11:11:09

Hey guys, thanks for bringing up this issue. I actually didn't realise the auto-watched threads was an irritation, so this is helpful to hear. I'm going to look into it, firstly:

- Threads not watched will not receive notifications (obviously)
- We don't have space on the app post composer to provide all the settings of the web, so we need to choose one way or another

So a question:
Who here would miss auto-watching threads you're on?

Scrowy Mon 04-Dec-17 11:36:23

I wouldn’t miss it but then I don’t use watched threads currently because it’s so full of threads I’m on that I lose threads I’m not on but want to watch amongst it all.

I would definitely use it more if threads I’m on weren’t auto added to watched threads.

prettybird Mon 04-Dec-17 15:00:43

I would most definitely not miss auto-watching threads I've posted on (hence why I started this thread wink and had to remember to unwatch the thread hmm)

It's an unnecessary duplication as they're already on "Threads I'm on" confused

(Posts this and immediately goes to "Watched" threads to unwatch it angry)

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 04-Dec-17 15:27:21

Ok thanks guys, we're working on adding some settings that will allow you to disable this on the app. I can see why this would be irritating!

Will let you know when something is released for this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: