Talk

Advanced search

New on the iOS Talk App: social log in

(12 Posts)
TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 19-Nov-17 19:50:47

The new version of the iOS Talk App (found here) includes a brand new social log in with Facebook and Google.

If you currently use the email and password to log in, you can now also use the social log in to access the same account, as long as the email address is the same.

Let us know if you have any problems with it!

Flumplet Sun 19-Nov-17 20:02:48

Only problem I’ve had is not being able to attach pics to posts. You can choose pics and click the plus button but they never appear.

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 19-Nov-17 20:39:57

Oh strange, if you go to Settings > Mumsnet Talk > Photos, is the photos permission on?

Flumplet Mon 20-Nov-17 18:35:50

Yep permission is on for photos and camera. Usually when you have selected a photo to upload you can see it attached, well it doesn’t do that anymore.

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-Nov-17 18:59:54

That's really strange - can you let me know what type of device you have and the iOS version you're using? Thanks!

Flumplet Tue 21-Nov-17 15:02:28

It’s an iPhone 6s Plus and it’s got the most recent update - I lose track of whatever iOS version that is - its the most recent one anyway. I almost offered to screen shot it for you but then I realised I wouldn’t be able to attach it grin

Flumplet Wed 29-Nov-17 22:07:44

Is it just me having this issue - it's still not working

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 30-Nov-17 16:02:45

@Flumplet I've looked at a variety of different devices, and in each case have not been able to reproduce.

Anyone else have it?

BabyOrSanta Thu 30-Nov-17 16:08:55

iPhone 8 but latest update etc

BabyOrSanta Thu 30-Nov-17 16:09:32

Sorry, not used the app for ages so couldn't find preview...

Flumplet Thu 30-Nov-17 16:13:10

Must just be me. Haven't been able to do it for ages.

Flumplet Wed 06-Dec-17 23:02:01

Just to let you know @TimMumsnet - that I can now attach pics that I have taken via the ‘attach’ link but not photos from my camera roll.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now