Talk

Advanced search

@ not working

(7 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

WoodYouBeHappy Tue 07-Nov-17 12:11:04

Is it just me, or is the @ function to alert MN'ers that they have been mentioned in a thread not working? It worked 2 weeks ago, but no longer.

catsarenice Tue 07-Nov-17 12:12:02

@WoodYouBeHappy working! (If this works!!)

WoodYouBeHappy Tue 07-Nov-17 12:28:09

Ha Ha cats that came through straight away! grin Thanks

Mmm. Odd. I've come across @ with name a few times and had no emails at all. A couple were lover case/too many gaps, so I didn't expect them to register, but the other -exact- ones didn't either.

Going for a lie down wink

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 07-Nov-17 15:43:47

Afternoon! <doffs cap>

We asked tech to take a little look and they've spotted a problem with tagging - they'll be looking at a fix asap (can't offer a timescale quite yet but it's definitely on the radar and shouldn't take too long).

PanPanPanPing Tue 07-Nov-17 17:35:36

I've noticed that some people don't use the entire NN in the first place.

So @Wood

or @WoodYou

is utterly useless!

Whereas @WoodYouBeHappy

will work.

Also, there is the option to turn off the email notifications for tagging anyway!

WoodYouBeHappy Tue 07-Nov-17 18:43:33

Ah thanks Lorna <bows> You've saved my sanity. Poor brain.

See, it's sporadic. cats message came through straight away, but there's been nowt from PanPan confused Thanks for trying. I have also noticed not everyone using the correct NN.

Odd. Maybe it's only an office hours service grin

WoodYouBeHappy Thu 09-Nov-17 19:03:46

STILL NOT WORKING sad

@ is an important function for those of us with chronic illness who are not well enough to keep up with threads. Before the @ Fairy arrived, I just ninja'd around on the end of threads once they had died grin It didn't help my feelings of isolation!

@ was like an extra brain. It meant I was in with more of chance of joining threads when they were still active.

BRING BACK THE @

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now