Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Blue names

(12 Posts)
irvineoneohone Sun 05-Nov-17 14:56:45

When you click on active, you get a list of threads that are active at the moment.
Sometimes latest posters names are in blue, rather than black. I always thought the blue means the person is the OP.
But I have seen the occasion that my name was blue but I was not a OP.
What the blue letter mean?

OvO Sun 05-Nov-17 15:00:27

Maybe people with public profiles are in blue?

irvineoneohone Sun 05-Nov-17 15:04:29

It still doesn't make sense, since I don't have public profile? And I was blue on some of the thread I posted, but definitely not an OP.

OvO Sun 05-Nov-17 15:08:01

I have no idea then! I didn't see you as blue in active when you were the last poster on this thread. The only blue ones I see are people with profiles.

It's another MN wormhole!

irvineoneohone Sun 05-Nov-17 15:12:19

Thank you anyways. smile
It's very weird.
I was puzzled to see my name in blue. And wanted to find out why!

PanPanPanPing Sun 05-Nov-17 18:16:49

humpf - I want a blue name too.

<stamps feet>

ArcheryAnnie Sun 05-Nov-17 18:19:55

...I see everybody's name in blue! I didn't know they also came in black.

bumpertobumper Sun 05-Nov-17 18:21:14

Ime the op is in one colour, me in another, and everyone else in a third. What colours depends on the colour scheme you chose in settings... perhaps in one of them there isn’t much difference in shade in the scheme you are using?

OldWitch00 Sun 05-Nov-17 18:23:02

I suspect blue names are logged in online?

PanPanPanPing Sun 05-Nov-17 18:29:00

bumper, I don't think this has anything to do with the colours in our settings to show the OP and ourselves in different colours on threads.

I think the OP is talking about looking at the list of Active convos, where many names are in black - but some are in blue .... on the list.

PanPanPanPing Sun 05-Nov-17 18:32:16

This is an example. Emma and Laurie's names are in blue, the rest in black.

irvineoneohone Sun 05-Nov-17 19:44:42

Yes, that's it, Pan.

Sorry for asking silly question. I was just curious. Thank you everyone for your response!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now