Talk

Advanced search

Emails from MN

(37 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Optimist1 Fri 03-Nov-17 08:20:00

I haven't had a single email from MN alerting me to activity on Threads I'm On or Threads I'm Watching for at least 48hrs. Am I being given the cold shoulder or is there something amiss?

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 03-Nov-17 12:07:40

No cold shoulder here - we'd much prefer you to be getting these alerts and so this doesn't sound right at all... <strokes chin>

There's no point in us asking for your browser because really, it's not a browser issue, is it? It's an email issue.

So, first of all, can we check that you're settings are in line with what you want to receive from us? You can do this by going to your preferences, scrolling down to 'talk options' and checking that both of the boxes (Notify me when others post on threads I'm watching and
Notify me when others mention me in a thread) are ticked? If not, give them a tick and click save. If they're already ticked, can you have a rummage around in spam, see if anything is ending up in there?

Ontheboardwalk Fri 03-Nov-17 14:27:04

I've not had any mails from mumsnet since Wednesday 11.10 PM

Ontheboardwalk Fri 03-Nov-17 14:29:44

All my boxes are still ticked and nothing in my junk folder

Optimist1 Fri 03-Nov-17 19:28:18

Sorry for delay in replying, @LornaMumsnet - it's been a busy day, but can report that like Ontheboardwalk my preferences are ticked and nothing in my spam folder. As you say, it's not a browser issue, but if it's relevant I'm using Outlook for emails. I've also looked in webmail but there's nothing there either.

Redguitar2 Fri 03-Nov-17 23:24:43

Me too! I've had no notifications for a couple of days. All boxes ticked

LouMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 04-Nov-17 16:39:52

Thanks for your replies. We'll flag this up and get back to you. Hopefully we can get it sorted asap.

Elphame Sat 04-Nov-17 17:13:24

They've stopped here too, Thought it was just me!

Ontheboardwalk Sat 04-Nov-17 18:43:14

I've just got the talk round up email but still no 'watching' ones

Optimist1 Sat 04-Nov-17 22:19:15

Odd that only four of seem to be suffering this problem!

Ontheboardwalk Sun 05-Nov-17 02:12:08

optimist Odd why? 4 people are not receiving emails. Why would that be odd?

What is seem?

I've had delays in mail before but not 48 hours without a mail.

Frisbeefreedom Sun 05-Nov-17 02:14:24

Same here, no emails re new posts in the last few days, and I've not changed any settings.

Optimist1 Sun 05-Nov-17 07:48:32

boardwalk - what I meant was that of all the thousands of MNers there were so few of us affected by this glitch. No conspiracy theory or paranoia on my part, just an observation.

Ontheboardwalk Sun 05-Nov-17 09:16:29

Ah apologies optimist I completely mis read your post, please ignore my drunken rantings

Yeah it does seem weird it's just a couple of us, I was expecting s big thread of people.

Apologies again

TrampyCat Sun 05-Nov-17 09:19:57

I'm using the app and Every time I try and watch a thread the whole app closes. Anything I can do mumsnet?

rizlett Sun 05-Nov-17 15:11:02

Mines been the same - no emails since Thursday 2 Nov.

LunarGirl Sun 05-Nov-17 15:18:03

I hadn't even noticed to be fair but just checked and the last email I had was 1st November. I've got a hotmail email address if that helps at all.

happypoobum Sun 05-Nov-17 16:55:03

I am not getting updates by email either.......

Motoko Mon 06-Nov-17 22:02:49

Glad I'm not the only one. Last email notification I got was last Wednesday.

It's annoying, because I use the emails to keep up with the threads I'm watching, rather than going via the 'Threads I'm Watching' link on the site.

So MNHQ, any idea yet what's causing this?

BessMarvin Tue 07-Nov-17 20:34:53

I have not had one since 1 November which is what has led me here.

Optimist1 Tue 07-Nov-17 20:50:36

@LouMumsnet, @LornaMumsnet - any update for us on this please?

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 08-Nov-17 09:00:32

Hey Optimist,

Sorry for the slug-slow late update!

Tech had a look and found the issue - they'll be working on a fix and we hope to have it released soon (we haven't got a timescale yet but we're hopeful that it won't take too long).

BuggerOffAndGoodDayToYou Sun 12-Nov-17 17:16:13

I'm getting emails from Mumsnet but none notifying me of activity on watched threads.

engineersthumb Sun 12-Nov-17 18:26:04

Same problem no emailsuch from threads im watching or on.

CrochetBelle Sun 12-Nov-17 18:27:07

Yet I got an email today from MN asking if I'm finding my way around the site ok, if I'm settling in.

I've been here over ten years.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: