Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

'Clicking' on ads without clicking on them.

(12 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

MsMarvel Thu 19-Oct-17 16:29:52

Is anyone else having issues with this??

When I'm trying to click on a drop down menu from mobile friendly page on my phone (not the app) it clicks on the link underneath the tab I'm trying to click.

Its not fat fingers, from the drop down menu point of view the ad isnt seen at all, but I still get taken to the link.

Most frequently from trying to click on 'bookmark' after reading the last post of a thread, and getting taken to the ad at the bottom of the thread. I have to click on the extreme right of the button to avoid the ad underneath.

Is it just me??

HughLauriesStubble Thu 19-Oct-17 16:31:21

Nope, me too. Also that pilot ad just played for me even though I was nowhere near clicking on it hmm

FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Oct-17 18:52:22

Sorry to hear you're both having trouble MsMarvel and HughLauriesStubble

would you let us know which device and browsers you're using and if there's any chance of a screenshot that would be really useful....

MsMarvel Thu 19-Oct-17 19:23:32

I'm using an LG G5, next time it happens I'll try and get a screenshot. Tbh its been an issue on and off for a good while just now, but got a lot worse in the last few weeks.

MsMarvel Thu 19-Oct-17 19:24:03

Sorry browser as well is Google chrome.

HughLauriesStubble Fri 20-Oct-17 07:29:46

Galaxy s5 and google chrome here.

bruffin Fri 20-Oct-17 18:01:55

Im having the same problem, samsung 7edge, think its chrome

HughLauriesStubble Sun 22-Oct-17 16:47:49

Any update on this? Still happening here. Also, the control bar at the bottom isn't fitting my phone screen anymore, it seems too big and I have to zoom out to click on 'threads I'm on' sometimes.

bruffin Sun 22-Oct-17 18:05:49

Thats to do with the adverts i think, i started a seperate thread

MsMarvel Tue 24-Oct-17 23:38:08

Got a screenshot of a link that was overiding the bottom toolbar of thats any use?

Trying to click on active, but kept on getting taken to the link ad. Went back and tried again more carefully multiple times for the same thing to happen.

Any update on this?

AaaaaaaarrghmyGMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 25-Oct-17 12:14:17

Hi everyone, thank you for the continued feedback. We're having a chat to the ads team about the 'link that's not a link' issue. Thanks also for the info about the ad at the foot of a thread, this has been raised already on a separate thread and we're looking into this too.

Will keep you posted! Thanks for bearing with us flowers

PinkSquash Wed 25-Oct-17 12:15:39

I have the same issue on Samsung S7 and A5, both Google chrome

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now