Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads scrolling veeeery sloooowly

(16 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Coffeeandcrochet Thu 12-Oct-17 08:04:19

Anyone else having this problem? I can load threads ok, but scrolling down is slow and sometimes impossible. I keep having to close and reopen my browser. I wonder if one of the ads is causing the page to hang? It's also draining my phone battery like crazy - 45% to 19% in less than 10 minutes.

I'm on the mobile site, safari on iPhone 5S.

AmyGMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 12-Oct-17 12:43:48

Hi there Coffee, sorry you're having trouble with this. We'll ask the Tech team what's going on. Thanks!

Coffeeandcrochet Fri 13-Oct-17 07:52:20

Hi Amy, thanks for asking tech to look into it flowers I'm still having the same problem, and I don't think it's my device because other sites are fine. Typing this post is really laggy as well, the words are appearing well after I type them!

Coffeeandcrochet Fri 13-Oct-17 08:08:06

And now my pages are being forcibly reloaded with the message "a problem occurred with this web page, so it was reloaded" confused

Catabogus Fri 13-Oct-17 09:52:07

Yep, me too. Safari on iPad here.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 13-Oct-17 10:27:02

Hi folks,

Thanks so much for the information.

Can we ask what adverts you're seeing on the page when this happens?

Coffeeandcrochet Fri 13-Oct-17 10:59:29

For me it's most often a Ford advert, but has also been an O2 one.

Coffeeandcrochet Mon 16-Oct-17 11:55:57

Hi @MNHQ - just wondering if there's any news for Tech on this? It's still happening for me, and definitely seems to be when there's a Ford banner ad...

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Oct-17 14:25:16

Hello!

Just asking tech now.

Thanks so much for bearing with us.

flowers

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Oct-17 14:26:00

Just a quick one, how many posts per page are you viewing at the moment?

Coffeeandcrochet Mon 16-Oct-17 14:39:30

Thanks Lorna. I have it set to all posts, but it happens even on really short threads. Whenever there is a mumsnet-own ad in the banner it is fine, but as soon as it switches to the Ford ad I can't scroll any more.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Oct-17 16:29:48

Hello!

We've flagged this one to our adops team to take a look. In the meantime, would you mind setting your posts to 25 per page? This has been known to help in the past and it's always worth a shot!

You can edit posts per page in preferences.

Coffeeandcrochet Mon 16-Oct-17 19:10:53

Just to say, I've tried 25 posts per page and it's still happening, and when the page lags it's draining my battery even though my phone is on charge confused

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 17-Oct-17 14:55:17

Hi Coffee,

Just to say we're still looking into this one, apologies for the inconvenience.

flowers

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 17-Oct-17 15:47:31

Hi folks,

We've turned the advert off now - can you let us know if issues persist?

Coffeeandcrochet Tue 17-Oct-17 16:24:07

Thanks Lorna, I haven't been on here much today but I will let you know if the problem is still there! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now