Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fucking huge ad popping up that I didn’t press.

(58 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Expemsiveuniform Sat 07-Oct-17 19:54:43

Seriously. The ads in the middle of the threads on mobile are awful. They spoil the flow of the thread. But this. This is a whole manner of fresh hell. Please. Stop it. It’s irritating. And driving me not to post here.

orlantina Sat 07-Oct-17 20:43:07

I used to have this. I don't know if it was to do with Google and Mumsnet.

It became REALLY annoying. I got exactly the same thing and it just appeared out of no where.

I now use Mumsnet on Firefox with ad block. It's stopped this happening.

orlantina Sat 07-Oct-17 20:45:30

My phone keeps crashing as well - then the most recent link is Taboola

malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-taboola-ads/

When infected with this adware program, other common symptoms include:

Advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting.
Random web page text is turned into hyperlinks.
Browser popups appear which recommend fake updates or other software.
Other unwanted adware programs might get installed without the user’s knowledge.

Expemsiveuniform Sat 07-Oct-17 20:46:20

That link is one that was on the right of the page but I didn’t press it.

Littlebelina Sun 08-Oct-17 08:43:05

I just got this. Right after posting

HidingBehindTheWallpaper Sun 08-Oct-17 14:27:41

I’ve had this too.
Fucking thing. I couldn’t even read the sodding page or make it go away.
And Fred Olsen sodding cruises. I keep jumping off the page I’m on and onto theirs. Press the back button and nothing. Bastards.

SootSprite Mon 09-Oct-17 09:59:02

Yup, I keep getting these. MNHQ what the hells going on??

AngieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 09-Oct-17 11:54:30

Hi,

I am looking into this but cannot recognise the ad, did any of you manage to see who the actual advertiser was so I can zapp them!

Thanks

TobleroneBoo Mon 09-Oct-17 15:03:07

Its Smart Energy, it just popped up on my desktop browser and there is no option to close it!!

As beautiful as Maya Jama is, if I didnt click it, I dont wanna see it!

AngieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 09-Oct-17 15:39:13

thanks, TobleroneBoo, I am on it.

Expemsiveuniform Mon 09-Oct-17 20:05:14

I’m getting one on my phone that stops my music when I’m playing it but I don’t know what the ad is the page doesn’t change.

I’m actually going to install an ad block if it doesn’t get sorted soon

SophieLMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-Oct-17 12:02:38

Hi expemsiveuniform,

Sorry about this! So, there's no ad that pops up but your music just stops? Does anything else happen to the page?

HidingBehindTheWallpaper Tue 10-Oct-17 21:27:11

The browser on my iPad has just been forced to the page in the pictures. I didn’t click anything.

Expemsiveuniform Wed 11-Oct-17 06:48:28

I’m on the iPad. Listening to radio 4 there’s an ad on all the pages on mumsnet that is stopping the radio. I can’t tell what ad it is but it is stopping the sound of radio 4

Seriously you need to sort this out.

Expemsiveuniform Wed 11-Oct-17 06:54:41

Basically whatever ads you have running, anyone on an iPad can’t listen to music or the radio at the same time.

Don’t you understand how annoying this is? I get that you raise money from advertising and I want to be a decent member and let you have the revenue and me see the ads but I am going to have to install an ad block if you don’t sort this out because I listen to the radio or music and mumsneton my phone or iPad at the same time. It’s what I do.

You’re not understanding how annoyed people are with the huge ads in the middle of threads either.

BastardGoDarkly Wed 11-Oct-17 10:50:07

Aaarrrrgh! I've just had a massive BA ad pop up 5x while reading one thread, was nowhere near it!

EvansOvalPies Wed 11-Oct-17 11:12:48

I don't know if this is at all related. I use a PC at my desk, and every single time I'm on Mumsnet I get a pop-up (that I haven't clicked on, can't even find it if I look for it) purportedly from Microsoft telling me I'm one of their 'lucky random winners' who can claim a Samsung Galaxy phone or an i-pad. I'm such a lucky random winner that it is happening at least three or four times a day since Saturday, but only on MN.

Anyone else experienced this one?

AmyGMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 11-Oct-17 13:10:51

Hi everyone, thanks for letting us know and sorry to hear you're having problems. We'll get our ads team to have another look.

BastardGoDarkly, are you on an iPad too?

EvansOvalPies - thanks for flagging; we'll make sure this is raised as an issue.

BastardGoDarkly Wed 11-Oct-17 13:23:59

No I'm on an android phone. Hasn't happened this afternoon.

AmyGMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 11-Oct-17 13:31:22

Thanks so much for coming back so quickly BastardGoDarkly; this is really helpful. Will pass this on.

EvansOvalPies Wed 11-Oct-17 13:37:42

Thank you* AmyGMumsnet*

Expemsiveuniform Wed 11-Oct-17 13:43:16

Thank you.

Expemsiveuniform Wed 11-Oct-17 14:11:38

And now a style and beauty about bras is bouncing to an ad for sainbury Tu clothing

Seriously this is awful. Can someone recommend me a free ad block,for iPad

IceLemonGin Wed 11-Oct-17 16:37:31

Huge BA ad keeps popping up multiple times per page for me. Using mobile site on android phone.

Catabogus Thu 12-Oct-17 13:14:54

I am having this problem too. On Safari on iPad - it’s an advert for Avene at the moment that’s causing the problem. Repeatedly popping up and blocking whole screen even though I’ve never clicked It.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now