Talk

Advanced search

Why on earth delete a thread about a haunted house because...

(9 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

BertrandRussell Thu 05-Oct-17 18:17:27

.....the OP wasn't being "genuine"? Of course she wasn't, for goodness sake- it was a thread about a haunted house!!

lasketchup Thu 05-Oct-17 18:19:54

Oh I was meant to go back to that thread. What happened? Why was she not genuine?

chickaleta Thu 05-Oct-17 18:34:24

Oh have they deleted it? I was enjoying that one. Not for the OP but for the hundreds of people who not only believe in ghosts but believe burning some herbs in the corners of the rooms gets rid of themhmm

BertrandRussell Thu 05-Oct-17 18:55:45

"Why was she not genuine?"

I can only assume the house wasn't actually haunted......

RavingRoo Thu 05-Oct-17 19:01:42

Too many new threads get deleted. And not enough old threads do. Is there any need to have threads going back 10-15 years? Of course not but MN like them as it’s good clickbait on Google.

ShoesHaveSouls Thu 05-Oct-17 19:29:58

I was enjoying that thread. Couldn't HQ have moved it to the spooky section??

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 06-Oct-17 09:19:41

Hi folks,

We removed the thread after we found some inconsistencies within the OP's posting history and Mumsnetters had already started picking up on these (which may have ended up on the thread)!

We do have to take down threads in these scenarios but do understand that it's annoying when we take an entertaining one away.

flowers

HateSummer Fri 06-Oct-17 09:21:25

What? The thread with the woman buying a house without a survey? She didn't even mention anything scary outright did she? Only that it felt spooky at night

Somerville Fri 06-Oct-17 09:23:14

"Why was she not genuine?"

I can only assume the house wasn't actually haunted......

grin grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now