Talk

Advanced search

App driving me crazy!

(19 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

seventeenlittleducks Wed 27-Sep-17 22:05:59

Hey HQ the app has been dodgy for about a week now, half my watching list and threads I'm on are white although there hasn't been any new comments. Also one thread says 120 although when you click on it, it says 115. A lot have been doing this. I know it's not a major issue but it's driving me insane sad

seventeenlittleducks Wed 27-Sep-17 22:07:33

Screenshots of what I mean

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 28-Sep-17 16:40:59

Hello!

Thanks so much for flagging this.

Apologies for the late reply here - we're sending this over to our app team now.

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 28-Sep-17 16:48:12

@seventeenlittleducks that isn’t right at all, thanks for raising it! I’ll look into it.

seventeenlittleducks Fri 29-Sep-17 10:05:31

Thank you grin

heretohelpGB Fri 29-Sep-17 10:11:22

Thanks for highlighting this and just to let the app team know the OP is not alone as my watching list keep turning white without new posts. In theory should teach me not to watch so many wink but in reality is a bit annoying having to check all messages again to see which ones are/are not active again!

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 29-Sep-17 15:08:03

We’ve discovered the bug that’s causing this issue, and we’re working on a fix. We’ll hopefully have a fix sometime next week, thanks for your patience!

seventeenlittleducks Fri 29-Sep-17 16:03:28

Thank you TimMumsnet smile

cozietoesie Fri 29-Sep-17 22:30:23

I've just noticed that the TIO post count is different from the AIBU post count on a particular thread. Is that the same bug? smile

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 02-Oct-17 18:39:13

Hey guys, we’ve applied a fix that should have resolved this issue. No need to download anything, just test loading bug threads from TIO/TIW. Let us know if it’s still playing up...

cozietoesie Mon 02-Oct-17 19:14:55

I spoke too soon earlier - it hadn’t resolved. Since mid-afternoon, it seems to be OK though. Ta.

heretohelpGB Tue 03-Oct-17 11:52:40

So far so good.

Thanks!

heretohelpGB Tue 03-Oct-17 14:35:16

Sorry to ask for more help but just since yesterday evening having a new problem with threads I'm watching and hoping you can help.

If I don't want to watch a thread any longer I used to swipe left on the title either in the top of thread I am reading or on the "homepage" i.e. Page with list of threads I am watching and it would have option of "unwatch" and press that and it disappears. I can still do this if I am on the homepage where the list of threads are but if I go into an individual thread and swipe on the title it is now saying "watch".

Any idea why that is? Not a major issue at all just noticeable that it has arisen just as other issue fixed so thought there might be a connection.

Thanks

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 05-Oct-17 09:55:16

Hi both,

I'll flag this one to Tim again and see if he can help.

flowers

heretohelpGB Wed 11-Oct-17 12:01:16

@LornaMumsnet just to let you know I am still having the same issue with "watch/unwatch"

Any update on a fix?

Thanks

AmyGMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 11-Oct-17 12:47:45

Hi heretohelpGB

Thanks for letting us know, we'll see if Tech have an update as to what's going on here. Thanks so much for bearing with us! flowers

mummabubs Wed 11-Oct-17 13:04:39

I'm still having this issue too (literally 5 minutes ago!) and it's been on and off for me since I downloaded the app months ago.

mummabubs Wed 11-Oct-17 13:05:27

Sorry- just to be clear I mean the problem where all of my "I'm on" threads turn white but there are no new posts on any of them.

AmyGMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 11-Oct-17 13:18:48

Thanks for clarifying mummabubs! We'll make sure this gets passed on to the app team.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now