Talk

Advanced search

Side banners covering enrtire page

(5 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

slug Tue 23-May-17 15:49:03

What happened with the sudden appearance of huge banners that cover half the page? I've tried different browsers and they are all struggling to load.

Apart from the fact thy seem to send my browser into a complete tantrum and crash, it makes Mumsnetting from work almost impossible

RogerMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 23-May-17 16:18:06

Hi Slug,

Thank you for making me aware of this! Can I ask for more detail ? Can you tell me the advert you were seeing, What device were you using and if seen again are you able to take a screen grab or picture of it ? This way I can fully investigate and hopefully resolve.
Thank you
RogerMumsnet

FruBayerischOla Tue 23-May-17 16:44:17

Currently for me, on a MacBookPro laptop - Safari - I'm getting this :

(No idea about my iPad, will check shortly)

slug Tue 23-May-17 16:45:41

Funnily enough it does not happen when I'm using private browsing.

Using a PC. Tried it on Chrome, Firefox and <<the shame>> Internet Explorer. I was logged in when I was using Chrome, but not the others. Currently it's the NSPCC banner, but that changed to a travel one briefly. I think it was this one that crashed by browser as it has a tendency to crash when some multimedia files are run. The screen goes blank and I can't recover the tabs.

The image is of it being a bit stable. At times it flips over to something larger. Normally these banners disappear as you scroll down, but this one does not.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 23-May-17 16:47:20

Bloody hell! That's a bit much...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now