Talk

Advanced search

Adding bookmarked threads into 'TIO'

(17 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

MoonlightandMusic Tue 16-May-17 20:36:10

Any chance you could have Tech consider making bookmarked threads automatically visible in TIO, rather than "I'm watching" MNHQ? Maybe as an account preference setting?

Some of the interesting threads are about 40% "placemarking" as people want to track the thread in TIO rather than IW. Which is ever so slightly irritating when trying to see what the actual posts/updates are.

Thank you (in hopes).

Snap8TheCat Tue 16-May-17 20:37:25

What's the difference? You just click a different button.

MoonlightandMusic Tue 16-May-17 22:09:46

Well, you'd think but, lots of posters seem to prefer to place-mark by commenting "placemarking" so the thread goes to their TIO. It's then compounded by other people posting to ask them not to do that, and so the circle goes on...sad

LouMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 16-May-17 22:25:20

Hi there @MoonlightandMusic - thank you for the suggestion. We'll certainly flag it up.

MoonlightandMusic Tue 16-May-17 22:43:40

Thank you! grin

Snap8TheCat Wed 17-May-17 06:00:13

Isn't that more so bdvsuse they don't know how to bookmark?

Snap8TheCat Wed 17-May-17 06:00:26

*because

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 17-May-17 11:39:13

Hi all - just to update, tech are looking into this to see if it's feasible. (No promises!)

MoonlightandMusic Wed 17-May-17 20:21:07

Thank you KatherineMN - hope springs eternal!

Snap8 - quite often they do know how to use the bookmark function, but choose not to.

Sairelou Thu 18-May-17 21:25:40

Also if you bookmark or add the thread to "watching" you don't get a message if Mumsnet decide to zap the thread. It just disappears into thin air!

iogo Fri 19-May-17 01:32:47

While we're on the subject, any chance of adding a watch button to the bottom of the thread or onto the bookmark menu? I usually use the mobile site and if I decide a long thread is interesting once I've got to the end, I have to go all the way to the top to 'watch'. If I book mark them do this, the book mark doesn't seem to work so then I have to scroll through to find where I was the next time I log on.

(Obv if you can add 'bookmarked threads' to 'threads I'm on' then my complaint is null and void 😊)

ceecee32 Fri 19-May-17 05:10:05

Can someone tell me how or where to find the bookmark option please x

SoupDragon Fri 19-May-17 07:45:19

Isn't that more so bdvsuse they don't know how to bookmark?

You can not book mark on all versions of MN. E.g. You can not bookmark on MN Classic which is the view I use.

Watching a thread does not tell you if it has been deleted.

Unless these are solved I will be placemarking.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 19-May-17 10:40:30

Hi ceecee32,

What browser/device are you using?

If you're on a desktop, hover over a post and you'll see a little 'bookmark' option appear bottom right of the post!

ceecee32 Fri 19-May-17 11:52:54

Hi- either laptop or android.

Hovering hopefully now on the laptop and nothing happens sad

(nothing happens when I click on a post either)

ceecee32 Fri 19-May-17 11:53:34

Sorry - am on Windows 10

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 19-May-17 12:07:32

Thanks so much for that. Could you pop us an email so that we can try and get to the bottom of this?

Send it over to contactus@mumsnet.com.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now