Talk

Advanced search

Please can we hide threads without having to open them?

(7 Posts)
Dulcibella Sat 13-May-17 12:13:56

For reasons I won't go into I find some threads triggering and really appreciate that I'm able to hide them. The only problem is that I have to open them in order to do so and it's hard not to accidentally notice some of the words in the OP with alone can be quite triggering.
I wondered if it would be possible for us to be able to hide threads without having to open them first?

CaptainWarbeck Sat 13-May-17 12:16:19

You can on the app, just swipe across and press hide. Not helpful if you're not using the app though...

isupposeitsverynice Sat 13-May-17 12:19:01

You should be able to do this already - if you are on mobile there are three dots on the right of each thread title, press them and an option should come up to hide it from there without opening the thread.

AuntieStella Sat 13-May-17 12:25:12

You can on desktop too. You can customise so there is a hide button showing to the right hand side if thread titles.

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Sat 13-May-17 12:28:21

@Dulcibella what device and method of viewing are you using?

I'm on the desktop site and via Active Discussions, you can just press the minus sign at the right hand side of a thread link and that will hide the thread without opening it.

userpol Sat 13-May-17 12:32:03

It would be good to be able to automatically hide threads with certain keywords <wishlist>

Dulcibella Sat 13-May-17 12:37:51

Ah right that's great, I didn't realise. I access via my mobile but I haven't downloaded the app. I'll do that now. Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now