Advanced search

General election threads all in one place

(12 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

hobnobsaremyfave Tue 18-Apr-17 13:52:16

Please please please
Can we have a general election section and keep all the threads there
Please
Just ao that those of us that want to avoid the baziliion threads and nastiness can
grin

Orlantina Tue 18-Apr-17 14:09:38

Pick your response:

a) It's important. Shouldn't important issues be discussed on popular boards? You can always hide them.

b) Yes, we need an election section so people can go and actively find them rather than them taking over the boards.

I think that (a) is the better one. Because it's important

Guitargirl Tue 18-Apr-17 14:11:00

Can you not just, um, not open them? It's usually pretty obvious from the title what they're about.

PlacidPenelope Tue 18-Apr-17 14:22:23

Unfortunately Guitargirl that option is likely to lead to every other thread on Active being a General Election thread which is what happened with the EU Referendum.

EU Referendum threads still appear on the Active List even though they have their own section so GE threads would also still appear just not so many and across so many topics.

Orlantina Tue 18-Apr-17 14:25:56

These are the same arguments for referendum threads, Trump threads, trans threads etc.

Some of us don't use active to find threads. Some of us just look at Chat and AIBU. I think the referendum threads are hide to find as they are not on Chat or AIBU.

WorraLiberty Tue 18-Apr-17 14:33:12

I agree OP

The election was only announced 3.5 hours ago

We've got until June to put up with the spamming and then probably until July to put up with the moaning.

I think it will need it's own topic and then anyone wanting to use it, can save it in favourites.

Orlantina Tue 18-Apr-17 14:38:11

I wonder if MN will identify any Russian bots

VladmirsPoutine Tue 18-Apr-17 16:48:27

Just don't open them. Tbh I think we'd be better off with separate MIL, Parking, Wedding topics.

Sparklingbrook Tue 18-Apr-17 16:51:07

I agree with you hobnobs, put them all together at least.

BeyondUser24601 Tue 18-Apr-17 17:27:08

Didn't there used to be a GE section anyway?

FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 18-Apr-17 21:39:15

Evening All,

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on this. As ever, we can make no promises but we'll pass this idea on to the MNHQ big cheeses.

TheWildRumpyPumpus Wed 19-Apr-17 08:55:05

We had election topics last time round, would be good to have the same again so they are easier to hide for those who don't want it blocking up Active.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now