Talk

Advanced search

Why is an old thread showing on 'Discussions of the day'?

(6 Posts)
IloveBanff Sat 15-Apr-17 00:40:10

I'm on the AIBU forum and the first thread showing in the panel at the right-hand side of the page under 'Mumsnet Talk' - 'Discussions of the day' is this one www.mumsnet.com/Talk/telly_addicts/2599042-24-Hours-in-A-E-I-recognise-Matthew-but-cant-place-him?trending=1 and the last post on that was on 04 Nov 16. I don't understand why that's happened.

IvorHughJarrs Sat 15-Apr-17 00:43:09

I noticed that too OP. Had a bit of a WTF moment confused

crunched Sat 15-Apr-17 00:45:30

Oooo - me too. Thought it was a 'sign'.

squoosh Sat 15-Apr-17 00:48:34

I think that the threads listed on the right are the ones that are currently receiving the most views. Perhaps that thread is receiving a lot of traffic from another website for some reason? Maybe Matthew's friends and family are all looking at the thread tonight!

Fabellini Sat 15-Apr-17 01:04:28

I noticed that too... the episode of 24 Hours in A&E was repeated this evening, so maybe the thread has been viewed a lot tonight. It does come up if you google the names of the people featured.

noblegiraffe Sat 15-Apr-17 01:15:02

On pancake day I noticed an old thread on trending something like 'can I make pancakes with self-raising flour?'
No one was posting on it, but quite clearly a lot of people were googling the same question and getting the MN thread as the top result so having a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now