Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So the huge Co-op advert is chuffing annoying on a mobile.

(35 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

jaggythistle Tue 11-Apr-17 22:05:11

It's right up the side of my screen squashing text into a narrow strip at the side.

Make it stop please?

FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 11-Apr-17 22:35:11

Hi There OP,

Would you mind posting a screenshot of this and the page it's happening on? We can then pass that info to our Tech team to help them replicate the problem you've been having.

Thanks a lot smile

TuddlesAndSisses Tue 11-Apr-17 22:45:18

This happened to me too though I'm not sure it was for co-op. I refreshed the screen before I really paid any attention to the ad itself. If it happens again I'll take a screenshot.

TuddlesAndSisses Tue 11-Apr-17 22:45:44

It happened on the talk->active page thoug

jaggythistle Wed 12-Apr-17 05:05:12

I'll get a screenshot if it happens again. smile It disappeared when I went to site stuff to rant mention it. blush

FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 12-Apr-17 09:42:03

Thanks jaggythistle & TuddlesAndSisses, let us know which device you're using and whether or not you're on the app. Screenshots would be great but we know they're hard to catch!

ymmv Fri 14-Apr-17 18:17:50

I'm on a nexus 6p which has a very decent screen. It's an extreme amount of space to be taken up by an advert!

jaggythistle Sat 15-Apr-17 00:24:45

yup just like that. ymmv

jaggythistle Sat 15-Apr-17 00:25:11

Oops accidental italics. Meant to be ^

jaggythistle Wed 03-May-17 23:10:38

Got one again. ..

galaxy a3, not using app

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 04-May-17 09:47:12

Hi, folks!

Thanks so much for all of the information.

We've spoken to our ads team and this is actually an approved page-edge format that we run on mobile.

There's not much that we'd do in this instance as it's an approved advert that isn't making the site unusable, but the good news is that it's capped at two uses per day.

If you see it pop up more than that, please do flag to us.

TTOF Thu 04-May-17 17:08:53

I'd say that was pretty useless on an iPhone 5s. hmm

illegitimateMortificadospawn Thu 04-May-17 19:09:01

Well Lorna, it makes MN virtually unuseable on my mobile (iphone 5s):

illegitimateMortificadospawn Thu 04-May-17 19:09:28

<fistbumps TOF>

TTOF Fri 05-May-17 16:04:47

These are so annoying!

TTOF Fri 05-May-17 16:05:28

Solidarity! illegitimate

EwanWhosearmy Fri 05-May-17 17:46:51

I had one of these yesterday on a Galaxy 6, not on the app but the mobile site.

It came up on Active Convos and I couldn't get rid of it. It crashed the phone and then I couldn't get back on for the rest of the day.

It does make the site unusable if most of your screen is blocked so you can't read the text hmm

BillywigSting Fri 05-May-17 20:26:37

I had one on my alcatel pixi 4 and yeah it definitely makes the site unusable.

It's fine on a tablet but ridiculously intrusive on a phone.

ChasedByBees Sat 06-May-17 08:17:37

I agree it makes the site unusable. When it appears I close the site and leave for a while - perhaps not the desired effect. It also makes me feel irritated by the advertisers that they feel they can just demand my attention when I'm trying to do something else.

TwatteryFlowers Sat 06-May-17 17:07:59

I have just had this and it took up about a third of the width of the page on my phone and a quarter off the top. That is a ridiculous amount of space! I agree with bees: I feel forced into looking at an advert that I have no interest in which is incredibly annoying when I'm doing/reading something else. It's making me not want to use the site.

SoulAccount Sun 07-May-17 09:05:34

Yep, toothbrush ad now making mobile site unreadable.

That's me done until I might do a bit of a catch up on proper 'poorer later.

dangerrabbit Sun 07-May-17 09:10:24

Yeah I had the same thing yesterday on my iPhone 5. Caused me to turn the site off

hobnobsaremyfave Sun 07-May-17 10:02:49

When will you listen
These adds do make the site unpleasant and unuseaable

SoulAccount Sun 07-May-17 10:05:16

It seems to have stopped again...

TheBogQueen Sun 07-May-17 10:07:15

I've got a really poorly photoshopped electric toothbrush appearing on the right use if my iPhone 5s.
It's dreadful all round - irritating when trying to use the site and you can't even tell what the ad is for.hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now