Talk

Advanced search

Disturbing trend coming from male posters.

(6 Posts)
HelenaDove Thu 23-Mar-17 19:31:48

There seems to be a fairly recent but regular occurence from a couple of these posters who are posting comments on weight/body shape/ body image threads policing womens weight.

I realise ppl are entitled to their opinion but the comments are likely to be triggering for many. Its predominently a site for women and i dont think the comments are meant to be helpful.

VladmirsPoutine Thu 23-Mar-17 20:49:34

So why not report those posts and have HQ review whether or not they break the guidelines?

What would posting in Site Stuff resolve?

picklemepopcorn Thu 23-Mar-17 20:51:42

I think making MNHQ aware of a trend that they can't see on their own is helpful.

HelenaDove Thu 23-Mar-17 20:57:24

YY Popcorn This site has a MASSIVE amount of traffic and they cant be expected to spot everything.

ToniMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 23-Mar-17 22:27:03

It would be really great if you could report these posts, so we can take a look.

BoBaraMoMara Thu 23-Mar-17 22:32:10

Can they be pointed out on the thread as a pattern of body shaming - so other of us can be sure to report as well. Pointing out a pattern of derogatory posting style isn't the same as troll hunting and sometimes it's helpful if posters who see a pattern point it out on thread to others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now