Talk

Advanced search

Numbering posts?

(5 Posts)
Wondermoomin Sat 18-Mar-17 19:10:58

Just wondering if any thought has been given to automatically sequentially numbering posts in a thread?

It would make it much easier to reference which comment you're responding to. So often I see people posting a response, cross posting with others, and then having to post again to say "that was to Wondermoomin" e.g.

Or saying "Wondermoomin's post at 18.03.17 19:10"

Wondermoomin Sat 18-Mar-17 19:11:52

Aaaand also if your bookmark function doesn't work (mine doesn't on the web) then you could possibly remember roughly what number post you'd read up to....

FruSkogKattOla Sun 19-Mar-17 07:16:40

Wondermoomin, I've posted on the other thread, here in Site Stuff which you've also posted on, about how you get the bookmarks to work on your laptop!

And I agree that an automatic numbering system would be a good idea!

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-Mar-17 11:04:06

Hello Wondermoomin grin

We're going to give this a little bit of time to see if it's something that more users are interested in.

Wondermoomin Wed 17-May-17 18:49:43

I'd still like to see automatic numbering of posts. smile Not sure if I posted this at a rubbish time of day/week for being read by others, would be nice to know if it would be a welcome addition. Anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now