Talk

Advanced search

can we have a Scottish Independence topic please.....

(13 Posts)
StoorieHoose Mon 13-Mar-17 18:35:03

So I can hide all the threads for the next 2 years?

Day one and the posts have appeared and I don think I can stomach all the ranting and raving from Yessers Nos and English folk saying 'well they can piss off then'

I would appreciate that too - the last one made me ill - it plunged me into deep, deep depression, and I am not sure I can take another one. sad

SaorAlbaGuBrath Mon 13-Mar-17 18:44:57

I agree! I'm scunnered with it all already.

ThoraGruntwhistle Mon 13-Mar-17 18:50:40

Very good idea. sad

FruSkogKattOla Mon 13-Mar-17 19:29:04

There is a Scotnet topic www.mumsnet.com/Talk/scotsnet on MN tbgrin

FruSkogKattOla Mon 13-Mar-17 19:30:06

Ooops - that should say Scotsnet tbgrin

StoorieHoose Mon 13-Mar-17 19:31:50

I don't want to hide Scotsnet though as some threads are helpful, I would like any threads mentioning indyref under one topic so I can hide them all

TiggyD Mon 13-Mar-17 19:39:06

Isn't the last one still about? Virtually fresh.

StoorieHoose Mon 13-Mar-17 20:43:12

Still bloody warm Tiggysmile. I've obviously hidden that topic

egosumquisum1 Mon 13-Mar-17 23:27:45

Why? There are other topics trans that are deemed important so shouldn't be hidden away - and rightly so. Brexit got hidden away.

If topics are important, they should be accessible. It helps people gain awareness. Brexit has been hidden. People need to have easy access to debates.

StoorieHoose Tue 14-Mar-17 06:22:29

Because people who will have to live with indyref may want to come on MN for some light relief! The topic will still be there for people who want to partake but all in one topic for people who will be "gaining awareness" on a daily basis to hide.

Brexit topic isn't hidden away - it appears on my most recent convo cos I've not hidden it

The topic would still be easily accessible, though, @egosumquisum1 - it would just mean that those of us who didn't want to read threads on Indyref2 would be able to hide the debate.

Last time my mental health suffered horribly, especially in the last months of the campaign - it was one of the darkest times for me in recent years. One of the things I did that helped me cope was to avoid some of the coverage of it. For example, I watched the News, but couldn't manage to watch the debates.

Being able to hide Indyref as a topic on here might help me if I find it as hard to cope this time.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 16-Mar-17 13:08:32

Hi, all!

Thanks for the suggestion.

If there's enough interest in this, we'll certainly discuss in-office!

We'll keep a watch on the thread for any developments.

flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now