Talk

Advanced search

What is the Biscuit emoji for ?

(29 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Thu 02-Mar-17 22:05:03

Just that.
Thanks in advance.

greeeen Thu 02-Mar-17 22:08:51

Also would like to know as have seen this so many times and still don't grasp the full MN meaning!? Seems to be when people are being silly or rude.

VanillaSugar Thu 02-Mar-17 22:10:47

It means "no comment"

So, you comment with a biscuit to say that you don't want to comment.

ghostspirit Thu 02-Mar-17 22:12:31

Yeah if people think your being unreasonable or silly or Rude etc. They send a biscuit.. I don't get it though I quite like jammi dodgers.

DramaAlpaca Thu 02-Mar-17 22:13:01

It usually means the poster thinks someone is being offensive, goady or otherwise twatty.

Lilacpink40 Thu 02-Mar-17 22:13:01

bear is this bear the biscuit or is something else the biscuit?
In which case what is the bear for?

ghostspirit Thu 02-Mar-17 22:15:23

I did not think think it mentions no comment?

Surely if there was nothing to say they just don't post.

I have seen things being said that indicates theye think the poster is being unreasonable or silly and then they say have one of these and post the biscuit.

ghostspirit Thu 02-Mar-17 22:16:28

biscuit that's the biscuit I can't see the bear

greeeen Thu 02-Mar-17 22:18:10

That's a Pom bear like the crisps from a funny thread in classics I think.

mycatisginger Thu 02-Mar-17 22:18:10

God I thought it meant something ruder because of what it could look similar too ! blush

theothercatpurred Thu 02-Mar-17 22:19:19

Surely if there was nothing to say they just don't post.

Ha! You can't have been here that long?!

Some people always want to comment. Even when they have nothing to say!

ShowOfHands Thu 02-Mar-17 22:19:37

It means no comment following a Gordon Brown web chat where he didn't answer a favourite biscuit question.

It's evolved though to an exasperated "you are so ridiculous that I can't even lower myself to comment".

DramaAlpaca Thu 02-Mar-17 22:21:02

Yes, the bear is an MN joke from a thread in classics about going to dinner at someone's house and being served pom bear crisps - I think.

Hassled Thu 02-Mar-17 22:21:39

It means "I can't take the time or trouble to come up with a single relevant thought to post but I want my presence felt on this thread so I'll take the time and trouble to post a picture of a biscuit instead".

BertieBotts Thu 02-Mar-17 22:22:21

It says "No comment" in the emoticon list.

It originally said "I have nothing to say on this matter"

<old>

theothercatpurred Thu 02-Mar-17 22:22:37

The biscuit is because Gordon Brown was on and they asked him what his favourite biscuit was.

I think it was Gordon Brown. My memory is rubbish!

It made the papers! In the days when mums net wasn't in the new every other day anyway

Anyway it's become a thing to ask politicians what their favourite biscuit is and to use the icon for no comment.

ghostspirit Thu 02-Mar-17 22:22:53

cat I been here ages grin

VanillaSugar Thu 02-Mar-17 22:24:24

I have never asked any politician what their favourite biscuit is blushblushblush

BathshebaDarkstone Thu 02-Mar-17 22:26:39

The biscuit biscuit means no comment. The bear is a pom bear and means everyone calm down. It comes from the pom bear thread in Classics. HTH.

theothercatpurred Thu 02-Mar-17 22:47:58

ghostspirit grin

frauleinsallybowles Thu 02-Mar-17 22:50:58

i always thought it ment taking the biscuit like when someone says something ridiculous and you say now your taking the biscuit

Maudlinmaud Thu 02-Mar-17 22:52:54

Some people don't realise it is a biscuit and post it instead of flowers. biscuit It does look rather flower like in fairness.

TubbyMcFatfuck Thu 02-Mar-17 23:00:50

I haven't been here that long either and have wondered about this also. l assumed it had something to do with being an arsehole cos that's kinda what it looks like and given the context where I've seen it used blush

PollytheDolly Thu 02-Mar-17 23:06:49

I thought it was the equivalent of the popcorn icon.

Sparklingbrook Fri 03-Mar-17 08:21:43

It tends to be used when someone posts something so hmm or goady that it doesn't deserve a proper comment.
Like when someone starts a contrived thread about BF v FF or P&C parking or cat poo in the garden knowing full well what will happen then being all 'oh I didn't realise this has been discussed before'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now