Talk

Advanced search

Unresponsive pages

(18 Posts)
HughLauriesStubble Thu 02-Mar-17 12:03:27

Problem has been getting worse for he last few days now. Pages going slow and then eventually becoming totally unresponsive on touchscreens. I use a samsung galaxy tab on android 6.0.1 and a samsung galaxy s5. The issue is worse on the galaxy tab. Grrrr!

BirdmadGirl Thu 02-Mar-17 12:53:32

Having the same problem on safari for iPhone

Reow Thu 02-Mar-17 13:09:23

I'm getting this on iPhone 5s

ElBandito Thu 02-Mar-17 13:12:23

Same with Safari on my iPad. The page looks like it's loaded but if I tap anything nothing happens, I have to close the tab and open Mumsnet again, or read through Twitter instead.

CreamCrackerundertheSettee Thu 02-Mar-17 13:15:43

I've been having this problem. I thought my phone was playing up!

TheElementsSong Thu 02-Mar-17 13:16:17

Same problem, intermittently, Safari for iPhone and Safari on (fairly new and fast) MacBook angry. I find if I close the tab and open a new one, I get several "goes" of responsiveness before it all seizes up again - sometimes completely blank pages, sometimes partial loading, sometimes unclickable non-links, spinning beachball of death...

MadisonAvenue Thu 02-Mar-17 13:18:24

I'm having the same problem with my iPad, using Safari.
I have to close MN, reopen it and then it all happens again.

Bluntness100 Thu 02-Mar-17 13:19:32

Yes, me too. It's the worst I've seen it. Basically unusable for a couple of hours or so.

strawberrypenguin Thu 02-Mar-17 13:21:52

Yep me to. Nothing will load on my iPhone on the mobile site it just gets stuck. I've had to re-download the app

ClemDanfango Thu 02-Mar-17 13:40:58

I had to hard reset my iPhone because mumsnet crashed and totally froze my Safari, was trying to click on this at the time ironically!

magicstar1 Thu 02-Mar-17 13:52:13

Same on my iPhone 5 and my iPad..can only really get in on the PC

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 02-Mar-17 13:56:35

Hi all,

Can we send you over to this thread here?

The issue is currently being looked into by our tech team.

Do make sure that your posts per page are down to 25 - this can help speed up loading times.

In the meantime, we're looking into it so please do bear with us!

HateSummer Thu 02-Mar-17 13:59:20

Same here. Can't scroll down, completely dead pages. Waste of time. I'm leaving MN.

Not really, but it's frustrating.

P1nkP0ppy Thu 02-Mar-17 15:12:31

What on earth's going on with the site?
It won't load, freezes as soon as you click on a thread and then you get huge blanks. It's been going on for 3 days now whether on iPad or phone or laptop. Changing number of posts to 25 does tiddly squat.
Extremely exasperating 😡

P1nkP0ppy Thu 02-Mar-17 15:13:54

And sod all happens if try to access the thread' as per HQ post above, just freezes again!

Bluntness100 Thu 02-Mar-17 15:16:32

Even active doesn't load properly, you have to come in and out. It just half loads, then stops, doesn't matter if you leave it twenty mins. Or the links don't work, they are just totally dead. Very strange.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 02-Mar-17 15:34:42

Gahh, sorry about that.

My post on the other thread says:

'Hello brew

<gets comfy>

Just wanted to post and let you all know that even though we're not replying regularly, we are looking into this and taking it very seriously.

Keep posting, keep letting us know what you're using and how it's affecting you - we're monitoring this thread hard.

We seriously appreciate all the time you're taking to help us figure this out and, as ever, will do our best to sort this. Please do hang in there (a big ask when the site is playing up, I know).'

Basically, we just want you to know that we are looking into this and we really are sorry for the frustration.

Pinkheart5915 Thu 02-Mar-17 16:00:15

I can use the Mumsnet app fine but when I try and load Mumsnet as a webpage it just freezes. All other webpages I load are fine it's just Mumsnet the problem is with.
I am using an iPad if that makes a difference

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now