Talk

Advanced search

Access to the iOS Talk app updates before general release

(10 Posts)
TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 02-Mar-17 10:36:05

Ahoy iOS users!

Want to try the new iOS Talk app features before they're released on the App Store?

We're constantly working on new features in the iOS Talk app, and we love hearing what Mumsnetters have to say about them. By downloading and using the beta Talk app, you are helping us build a beautiful and useful app that makes parents lives easier.

Interested & have 2-3 minutes?

1. Enter your name & email (your Apple ID) here
2. Check your inbox, hit 'Start Testing'
3. Follow the instructions to download the app
4. You're set! 🎉

As with all new things, there is a higher chance of bugs. If you're unhappy with the beta version you can revert to the current App Store version at any time.

RyanStartedTheFire Thu 02-Mar-17 10:38:47

This isn't going to introduce skim links into the app is it?

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 02-Mar-17 10:43:30

I'm going to keep out of this conversation grin

To date, the app contains no skimlinks and it's not something we're currently working on.

RyanStartedTheFire Thu 02-Mar-17 10:47:44

Brilliant, thanks Tim.

Ledkr Thu 02-Mar-17 11:34:27

What's a skim link?
I'm on it now, I quite like it so far

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 02-Mar-17 16:02:13

Skimlinks are referring to this thread. And I'm glad to hear!

choccyfiend78 Thu 02-Mar-17 19:18:17

I am on the new beta version (updated yesterday) and we have lost emoticons on this version. All it comes up with is the text in square brackets. Just thought you should know smile

cozietoesie Thu 02-Mar-17 20:21:01

That's been fixed as far as I know. There's a very latest version which has done it. smile

cozietoesie Thu 02-Mar-17 20:21:37

PS - Check your Test Flight etc. smile

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 04-Mar-17 09:19:49

Apologies @choccyfiend78 - emoticons were missing in the first release, so I fixed and re-released. My bad wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now